• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

user friendly

I have been lucky with the lag so far. It really depends on who's server you jump on though.

Also, the controls sucking has nothing to do with the pace of the game. This game has zero aim assist, which is pretty much unforgivable for a game played with the dual shock 3. It's impossible not to over shoot your target when you try to aim at them. When people talk about what COD4 got right over this game, that's what they're talking about.
It actually does have aim assist, although very minimal, it's there. Only when shooting from the hip of course.

Colm

Also, the controls sucking has nothing to do with the pace of the game. This game has zero aim assist, which is pretty much unforgivable for a game played with the dual shock 3. It's impossible not to over shoot your target when you try to aim at them. When people talk about what COD4 got right over this game, that's what they're talking about.

Which is why the PS3's WASD\Mouse support is AWESOME.

FranzH

For the Helghast!
Which is why the PS3's WASD\Mouse support is AWESOME.

KZ2 doesn't support Keyboard/Mouse... does it? I checked around and everywhere says it doesn't, hell I even checked the manual and tried it. >.<

I've only heard UT3 supporting it but i've personally never tired it.

_Syn

I'm getting Killzone 2 this Thursday. So excited for it!

Sullivan

Me and my little bro, we are going to sell our PS2 that never gets used, were going to trade in the system, 2 controllers, 2 mem cards, 2 controller extensions, guitar hero 3 guitar, and some extra cables. Think it will cover the whole game?

Adiuvo

Of course. You'll probably get enough for another game too.

Seth

MD Party Room
Me and my little bro, we are going to sell our PS2 that never gets used, were going to trade in the system, 2 controllers, 2 mem cards, 2 controller extensions, guitar hero 3 guitar, and some extra cables. Think it will cover the whole game?

Last I check you still get a good 35 bucks for ps2,so it might be.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
If you sold on craigslist, you'll no doubt get more than Gamestop

Sullivan

Im thinking about taking it to GameCrazy & Gamestop...

Vee

I'm talking about network code. Not a single kill I got registered correctly. Guys would fall full seconds after I shot them. I shit you not, there were times when I shot a guy, and 2-3 other kills in the game would pop up before they finally died.

Keep in mind, I've been in the top 2 in points on my team in every game I've played so far, so this isn't a case of me sucking at the game.

Thats weird, i never got anything like that and i was playing online on game day. Maybe you just suck or have sucky internet? :w00t:

Sullivan

Gosh I wanted this so bad. Gamestop offered me a horrible deal... So I didn't accept it.

Slasher

Suck It
I just tried playing this games SP on Elite. After attempting like 6 times just trying to get past the beach area I gave up lol. No way I'm playing the entire campaign like this.

Whisper

Logic :(
I just tried playing this games SP on Elite. After attempting like 6 times just trying to get past the beach area I gave up lol. No way I'm playing the entire campaign like this.

We have to go a few rounds slasher. Body count?

Joey

Thats weird, i never got anything like that and i was playing online on game day. Maybe you just suck or have sucky internet? :w00t:

Once again, I've been doing great, but every kill or death seems completely random. My k/d still has to be over 1.5, but even most of the kills I get don't seem like I should have gotten them.

I've shot dudes in the hip and gotten head shots. Shit's just not fun when it's not precise, and actually dependent on what you do, rather than what the game perceives you did.

Oh, and I get 20 Mb/s down, and 2Mb/s up, so it's not that.

I have to say though, the controls are a lot better, the more I fiddle around with them. I went back to the standard 1 set-up (so I can crouch and aim at the same time), and moved the x-axis speed one notched below the y-axis speed, and it works a lot better.

With that said, because of the apparent lack of hit detection, or what ever the problem is, even when I go 35 and 20 or what ever, it's not satisfying in the least bit. It's probably the least satisfying multiplayer FPS I've played in a long time.

Slasher

Suck It
The good news is that GG are actually looking into these problems and seeing what they can do about it. There's a ridiculous amount of people complaining about it over on the playstation boards which is I think pushing them to take some sort of action.

I was reading some posts by the lead KZ2 director or whatever, I think his name is moter666 or something, and he was reassuring people what they've already fixed apparently (in regards to network issues), and what they're looking into. I hope something gets done to please everybody.

Personally, none of these issues really bother me THAT much. I just wish the controls were slightly more precise rather than prolonged. The deadzone for the analog seems a little big as well. There's a significant jump from when the analog is pushed slightly resulting in very little movement, and when the analog is pushed just a little bit more slightly and the aimer goes way too far.

Check it: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&message.id=217956#M217956
motherh666 said:
Network Errors/Honor Ranks
We are also looking at fixing a good bunch of the network errors and are looking into the complaints about the Honor Ranks as well as a couple of other bits and pieces. We'll provide a list of fixes when we are close to releasing the patch.

Controller Issues
We have not stopped looking into the complaints and will see what we can do about it. Any possible changes will have to be carefully implemented and tested before being deployed though.
We will have an update on this later this week.

... [ AND A BUNCH MORE] ...