• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Rumor: Unveil On New Tony Hawk Game Coming Soon-ish

eXo

M for Messenger
It is no secret that a new entry in the long-running Tony Hawk skateboarding series is in development. Activision revealed last year that it was taking a break from churning out yearly iterations of the franchise on PS3 and Xbox 360 in an attempt to reshape and reboot the franchise, as many felt it was [...]

More...

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Lets hope that rest pays off - Generally, taking a break allows for your head to become clear and ultimately benefits you when you come back to the drawing board.

Maattt

im more into the Skate. Franchise now. but id like to see a new Tony Hawk, the latest ones kind of made me lose interest.
I prefer the Analogue Stick System of Skate. rather than just button bashing :p
so i dunno if i can go back to button bashing.. we'll see :)

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
im more into the Skate. Franchise now. but id like to see a new Tony Hawk, the latest ones kind of made me lose interest.
I prefer the Analogue Stick System of Skate. rather than just button bashing :p
so i dunno if i can go back to button bashing.. we'll see :)

That's the thing - it may not use the button method at all, it may use something completely different. I'd be very surprised if developers didn't think out of the box when it comes to the control scheme.

Dan

Contributor
Yes. A new Tony Hawk game. I can finally get that 900 Melon + 540 Kickflip + 360 Laser Flip + 1080 Backflip that i could never get in skate!

.. I prefer Skate.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I do not prefer skate. The new Tony Hawks tried to be too much like skate, with the realism and analogs, and it just made me give up on the genre.

They need to go back to their roots and keep it arcadey and wild, thats what I miss with the new skateboarding games.

I like my buttons!