• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien

lol i never trusted the gripshift hen since i didnt feel like paying a 100$ for a game that sucks and it didnt even have its hen out so i just didnt mess with it
on topic: so the HEN were waiting on that davee is trying to fix the bugs ... well davee said something about having to use therie (aww my spelling sucks lol) for something why would he need to do that

Well i assume its because the psp 3000 cant run unsigned eboots(Unless they use Davee's HEN) on it so they can only guess on addresses during debugging.

Joasis

I've read the post at the begginng but just have a question about the HEN if it isn't too much trouble. I have an old launch day psp on 5.03, now because this is a kernal hen (unsure on the right way to put it) Does this mean it will be able to downgrade/ run custom firmware using the HEN? Because its an older motherboard? Or am I mistaken? Ive lost track of homebrew since the 2.7 exploit. Oh and I just want to say thanks to davee and all who are making this possible.

Slasher

Suck It
I've read the post at the begginng but just have a question about the HEN if it isn't too much trouble. I have an old launch day psp on 5.03, now because this is a kernal hen (unsure on the right way to put it) Does this mean it will be able to downgrade/ run custom firmware using the HEN? Because its an older motherboard? Or am I mistaken? Ive lost track of homebrew since the 2.7 exploit. Oh and I just want to say thanks to davee and all who are making this possible.

You are correct. You will be able to use HEN once it is released to run apps that will be able to get you onto custom firmware.

You guys should go check out our FAQ before posting any further questions. Just about everything should be able to be answered just by reading it.
[FAQ] Tiff Exploit/HEN Info As Of (04/22) - M for Mature Forums

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
It isn't ready, so no it isn't going to be released right now. Consult the FAQ and look near the bottom to learn that there is currently no specific date set for release. It'll be released once it's ready. I'm sure extra steps will be taken to make sure everything works properly instead of them rushing the impatient ones a release.

nice work on the FAQ, hopefully this topic won't be as repetitive now.

intellomanamort

It isn't ready, so no it isn't going to be released right now. Consult the FAQ and look near the bottom to learn that there is currently no specific date set for release. It'll be released once it's ready. I'm sure extra steps will be taken to make sure everything works properly instead of them rushing the impatient ones a release.
OK I'm going to try to understand the FAQ in english (i'm French) so OK I'm going to wait like the people of French forums. I hope the HEN will be released before this week-end.

Slasher

Suck It
nice work on the FAQ, hopefully this topic won't be as repetitive now.
Thank you :love: I hope it won't be so cluttered as well.

Hmmmm I doubt it..Like I said earlier people are probably posting on this forums to keep themselves sane while they wait.
This should help filter out the people who continue to talk completely offtopic in here. If anybody has further questions that aren't covered by the FAQ they are still welcome to post in here.

OK I'm going to try to understand the FAQ in english (i'm French) so OK I'm going to wait like the people of French forums. I hope the HEN will be released before this week-end.
Davee is going to be away from Thursday until Saturday and he will be without an internet connection during that time. Once he gets back, I'm sure he will be hard at work trying to get everything working properly.

Slasher said:
You are correct. You will be able to use HEN once it is released to run apps that will be able to get you onto custom firmware.

Well the apps that use some M33 modules (like Recvory Flasher) will not work though. If the M33 updaters use M33 modules too, that won't work either on the HEN. I think the custom firmware installers will have to be ported to HEN to work properly.

Slasher

Suck It
Well the apps that use some M33 modules (like Recvory Flasher) will not work though. If the M33 updaters use M33 modules too, that won't work either on the HEN. I think the custom firmware installers will have to be ported to HEN to work properly.

Good point, though I'm not sure whether they do use M33 modules or not. How would people get from 1.50 to 5.00 M33 then? I'm pretty sure it can be done. The M33 modules are included in the installer if I recall correctly.

Alien

Is recovery mode an M33 app??

mc-B3oWoLF

Translating...
I've got one semi-offtopic question (or suggestion))
Maybe anyone could make some Tiff-Eggsploit-based homebrew, while we're waiting for the Hen?)))
Is it possible?
Pardon for the offtopic =)

And by the way, THX for the FAQ!)

Slasher said:
Good point, though I'm not sure whether they do use M33 modules or not. How would people get from 1.50 to 5.00 M33 then? I'm pretty sure it can be done. The M33 modules are included in the installer if I recall correctly.

Recovery Flasher ported for firmware 1.50 is the only version of itself that does not use M33 modules and could work. The problem is that the 1.50 port is in .elf form and the 5.XX kernels can't load ELFs.

Also, since Version 5.03 might use different kernel NIDs, the M33 installers might have to be patched for compatibility with the 5.03 kernel regardless of M33 modules or not.

Slasher

Suck It
Is recovery mode an M33 app??
Yes

I've got one semi-offtopic question (or suggestion))
Maybe anyone could make some Tiff-Eggsploit-based homebrew, while we're waiting for the Hen?)))
Is it possible?
Pardon for the offtopic =)

And by the way, THX for the FAQ!)

Making homebrews at this time is extremely difficult since there's no SDK that is available. Coding in asm isn't easy (I'm assuming this is what is used) :p

Recovery Flasher ported for firmware 1.50 is the only version of itself that does not use M33 modules and could work. The problem is that the 1.50 port is in .elf form and the 5.XX kernels can't load ELFs.

Also, since Version 5.03 might use different kernel NIDs, the M33 installers might have to be patched for compatibility with the 5.03 kernel regardless of M33 modules or not.

Either way, if it requires updating, or if it doesn't, I guarantee you somebody will update/make something that will work just fine. It's not really an issue.

Slasher said:
Either way, if it requires updating, or if it doesn't, I guarantee you somebody will update/make something that will work just fine. It's not really an issue.

I think Dark_Alex will patch his M33 updaters to allow PSP-1000 and [non TA-088 V3] PSP-2000 users on the HEN to update to M33. :D

Atnas

Ive seen that both ISO/CSO, and POPS will not be supported through the HEN. But COULD it be possible to run PSX eboots through irShell, through the HEN? if thats a silly question, I'll take the slap across the wrist like a man lol.

mc-B3oWoLF

Translating...
Making homebrews at this time is extremely difficult since there's no SDK that is available. Coding in asm isn't easy (I'm assuming this is what is used) :p
Thanks for a reply)))
But I meant something like the "Gripshift-exploit"-games..
As far as I understood, MaTiAz explained some method, the exploit uses..
You see, adding the "clear RAM" function is barely needed for the pong-like homebrew)))

The examples of what i meant:
GripShift Pong v1.0
Gripshift Rtype v0.2
Bombermen GripShift v1

Upd. Sorry, I've just read one of the readmes of these homebrews)))
Now I fully understand, what you've meant by the words "There's no SDK" =)

Slasher

Suck It
Ive seen that both ISO/CSO, and POPS will not be supported through the HEN. But COULD it be possible to run PSX eboots through irShell, through the HEN? if thats a silly question, I'll take the slap across the wrist like a man lol.

Not a silly question at all. It's a great one actually.

As far as I know, this will not be possible. It's quite simply because irShell doesn't load PSX/ISO's itself, it instead uses the SDK provided by Dark_Alex which only works on M33 firmwares and uses M33 modules. This is why it won't work since HEN is not M33.

vinicius.souza

Not a silly question at all. It's a great one actually.

As far as I know, this will not be possible. It's quite simply because irShell doesn't load PSX/ISO's itself, it instead uses the SDK provided by Dark_Alex which only works on M33 firmwares and uses M33 modules. This is why it won't work since HEN is not M33.

Just another silly question:
With TIFF exploit HEN it is possible to appear some app (from any psp developer) that open a door through ISOs support?
But people don t understand:
ISO support for those news PSPs would make SONY lose the interest in develop new games... Correct me if I'm wrong!

Sorry about this off-topic!

vinicius.souza

Don't take my word for it, but yeah I think it is possible since we do have kernel access.

I see... Thanks... I ll not judge who is right or wrong!
Davee is doing his part with the HEN, that s not bad for SONY at all... Just give more utilities for the PSP system!

imported_ruyor

The latest version of Recovery Flasher works on 2.71 HEN-D (tested it myself), why wouldn't it work on 5.03 HEN?:mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.