• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Outrageous Religious Beliefs

I wasn't referring purely to Christians but rather religious beliefs as a whole, I just reffered to the Bible because of a previous posts.

And when I said offensive I meant that the two sides weren't happy to agree on something. We could at least agree to respect religious beliefs instead of slagging them off completely. Therefore avoiding as much offence as possible but you clearly ignored/misunderstood the rest of my posts so you don't see my point.

EYEPOD

seriously i love debate but whats the point of this?

sounds like a round about way to hate on religion... LOL I'm not very uptight about religion at all... I myself am a born again believer (christian) and i have some athiast friends, and a mormin friend... dosent mean we agree with eachother but thats fine. when we do talk aobut stuff i do it becuase i want to see them again in heaven lol. i do go on mission trips to help the poor, and im even going on a trip later this summer to salt lake city to learn more about the mormin religion and help out at some soup kitchens.... not everyone is super radical about their belief... do I believe i have the right religion? YES! :D but i respect everyone else for their beliefs to.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM EST ----------

@the quote. why do religious people cry at funerals? aren't they in a better place, with god, now? are they crying because they knew that the person was a horrible person and they know he/she is going to hell?

I dont cry at funerals LOL idk im just not that emotional... there is again a stereotype... lol and yes as my above post says im a christian :)

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM EST ----------

I find it curious you used the word "debate"... That would imply that Religious people have a resonable arguement for their ridiculous beliefs. You know, complete with all those messy things like logic and proof.

With that said, after 3 years of terrorizing QJ with my hatred for religion, I'm gonna have to actually opt out of this one... I'm a little burnt out :/

try me... lol I've taken many appologetics classes.... give me your best shot :D

Eclipse

Unrated And Loving It
I certainly dont like religion, at all.

Religion was made to become a tool to guide people, but the only thing big religion icons or people with strong religious beliefs do is to try and take control of our life and force others into doing what they think is right. If you don't do as they say they call you a lost soul or an "enemy of mankind".

Really, Just live your life. don't annoy others and try to help humankind...then die and see what awaits you.

I certainly dont like religion, at all.

Religion was made to become a tool to guide people, but the only thing big religion icons or people with strong religious beliefs do is to try and take control of our life and force others into doing what they think is right. If you don't do as they say they call you a lost soul or an "enemy of mankind".

Really, Just live your life. don't annoy others and try to help humankind...then die and see what awaits you.

Just by posting this you have undone your own argument. Just let the religious people do what they want and don't go shouting about "control". They've found a way to try and make sense of this universe and even though I personally don't care about that side of things I don't want to go out of my way to piss them off.

And if nobody tried to help humankind the world would be a lot worse.

Religion has got just as many good points as it has bad.

spamsnake

Our school had their website banned :O

Haha, yeah, But it's un-banned now, after I sent that email saying they were being very disrespectful, once they had unbanned it I replied thanking them and blessed them with his noodly appendage... I really need to find that email, it was hilarious xD

Haha, yeah, But it's un-banned now, after I sent that email saying they were being very disrespectful, once they had unbanned it I replied thanking them and blessed them with his noodly appendage... I really need to find that email, it was hilarious xD

You should post your picture that you sent them!!

dubmonkey

i <3 the FSM! tho... here in japan would it be the flying ramen monster? not much spaghetti sauce flying around these parts

Adiuvo

That church is ridiculous. One main problem with that article though is how they filed it under a 'christian' school, not a 'baptist' one. There are so many branches of christianity, and they don't believe in the same thing at all. You can't really go around labeling all the churches under a single banner because that assumes they're related, which they really aren't. This probably helps with the major hate of christianity (or religion in general) that people go through, since they don't realize that all churches aren't like that.

eighty4

I don't like how the world and other churches make Christian's out to be. I am a Christian in all faith, but I don't go around trying to make people convert, or tell people to skip out on events that come once in a lifetime but I do display my love for God by showing how much I enjoy hanging out with people from church etc.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I don't like how the world and other churches make Christian's out to be. I am a Christian in all faith, but I don't go around trying to make people convert, or tell people to skip out on events that come once in a lifetime but I do display my love for God by showing how much I enjoy hanging out with people from church etc.

A lot of christians are like that way though. My brother is like that. And I hate it. I hate how christians think there is no other way to think other than theirs. That everyone else is wrong. etc.:closedeyes:

xploren

Contributor

I agree entirely. It ticks me off when I see things like the "skip-out-on-prom" thing a few posts up. Religious people shouldn't try and control others' lives and focus on their own.

Zx30

Beto
I agree entirely. It ticks me off when I see things like the "skip-out-on-prom" thing a few posts up. Religious people shouldn't try and control others' lives and focus on their own.

They probably do it because, if I remember correctly, there is some verse that says to spread the word of God in the Bible?? I'm not sure. But it sounds familiar.

The thing I don't get is that people pick and choose the things to follow in the Bible. They don't follow it as a whole.
There are several verses in the Bible in which you are told you gotta do some things to be accepted to heaven.
Things like
-Sell everything you have.
-Honor your parents.
-Hate your parents, wife, children, everyone!
-Eat Jesus's flesh and blood..?Wtf?
-Stone the people that work on Sundays to death.

And probably alot more that I can't think of right now.
And then the parts where it tells you to pray and anything you wish for will happen..
O RLY?
Sorry, I just think that's a little funny.