• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware 3.51 M33 Update - WLAN Bug Fix

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psp351customfirmware.jpg

Team M33 have rolled out the first maintenance update to their 3.51 custom firmware series. This update resolves an issue that prevented WiFi from working in certain homebrew applications.

Download 3.51 M33 Update

dennis96411

Okay!!Is it just me,or it's the PSP?I installed the 3.51 M33 and now I installed this update,but it won't work!!It still won't connect to the internet in the homebrews,what's wrong?I've tried PSPWeather and PMP VLC Player v0.0.9,they both not work!!Why is every custom firmware have so many problems?Someone please help me!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Okay!!Is it just me,or it's the PSP?I installed the 3.51 M33 and now I installed this update,but it won't work!!It still won't connect to the internet in the homebrews,what's wrong?I've tried PSPWeather and PMP VLC Player v0.0.9,they both not work!!Why is every custom firmware have so many problems?Someone please help me!!

When you set up your network connection settings, did you use an encryption method? If so, which one - WEP or WPA?

dennis96411

When you set up your network connection settings, did you use an encryption method? If so, which one - WEP or WPA?

WEP method
I think I know what you're going to say,WEP does not support it yet,maybe they'll make another update. :/

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
WEP method
I think I know what you're going to say,WEP does not support it yet,maybe they'll make another update. :/

Yeah. That's strange. Have you tried restore default settings by any chance?

dennis96411

Yeah. That's strange. Have you tried restore default settings by any chance?

2 times today!!Because I kept downgrade 3.40OE from 3.51M33,and then upgrade to 3.51M33 then downgrade to 3.40OE.

Tenshigami

Can you use the internet at all with your PSP? Like the browser? I only ask because you mention a couple of homebrew, but don't state whether it works elsewhere. I myself get so focused on trying to fix a problem sometimes that I never stop to check if it might be something more widespread.

Also, upgrading to 3.51 M33 does not restore default settings (at least when upgrading from 3.40 OE-A). It actually keeps your settings except for date and time, which it annoyingly sets to March 33rd (rolls over to 4/02) at 3:33:33 AM.

It could also be a firewall problem, but assuming you've tried these apps in 3.40 OE-A and they worked, that shouldn't be an issue.

dennis96411

Can you use the internet at all with your PSP? Like the browser? I only ask because you mention a couple of homebrew, but don't state whether it works elsewhere. I myself get so focused on trying to fix a problem sometimes that I never stop to check if it might be something more widespread.

Also, upgrading to 3.51 M33 does not restore default settings (at least when upgrading from 3.40 OE-A). It actually keeps your settings except for date and time, which it annoyingly sets to March 33rd (rolls over to 4/02) at 3:33:33 AM.

It could also be a firewall problem, but assuming you've tried these apps in 3.40 OE-A and they worked, that shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah,everything in xmb works,the browser,network update,they all work.Maybe just have to wait till another wlan fix.And,when It reset my psp setting,it's because I install 3.40 OE-A from 3.51 M33.And after I install 3.51 M33,it doesn't set my time to March 33 3:33:33 AM

And I did a test,WPA,no secure works in homebrews,except WEP.Wish they fix this fast.
Thanks for your help

X3Sphere:You kept on working on this forum site,don't you go to sleep?

sukhi10

ok this is an update does it gives problems in usb connection, settings and installing psp isos which freeze it did this in the previous one.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
ok this is an update does it gives problems in usb connection, settings and installing psp isos which freeze it did this in the previous one.

it said it was a wlan bug fix,not general fix,i'd guess M33 are working on those issues atm.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Well after doing the upgrade and update its the first time I've ever gotten a CA000005 I think is the name code error. It means the keys bin for the ps1 could not be found which gets me to wondering if there are some more glitches in the firmware. It was a brand new game boot never used on other firmware but I used the same method I always used so I don't know.

shadowthor

maybe it isn't as stable as first assumed. I haven't tried any ps1 games, my backups work fine and my homebrew works, so im happy :D.