• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii Wii Firmware Update Breaks Freeloaders

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
wiierror.jpg

Bad news, the Wii update last night appears to have rendered Freeloaders inoperable. It's understandable why Nintendo blocked it, the Freeloader is an unlicensed product after all. However, what I don't understand -- why go through the trouble to block it? The disc only allows you to play games from another region on your Wii.

Certainly a minuscule amount of users are actually using it. Plus, the disc cannot be used for piracy purposes... so what's the deal here? All I can see is that this will piss off importers.

Wii Update Breaking Freeloaders [Kotaku]

J

Junit

There probably going to make there own and sell it retail

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
There probably going to make there own and sell it retail

Probably not... seeing as Nintendo was the one to enforce region restrictions in the first place.

I guess if you are an importer the only way to play games from a different region is to chip your console :| Which is now pretty much illegal in most places...

I give a plus to Sony on this. The PS3 actually has no region restrictions on games (only movies).

J

Junit

What about xbox 360 does it have region restrictions ? I wouldn't mind importing some games from ebay

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What about xbox 360 does it have region restrictions ? I wouldn't mind importing some games from ebay

Yea it does. No way to get around the region protections on the 360 atm.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
didn't know the ps3 was region-free....thats really nice of Sony... :|

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Yeah, actually the X360's region-locking differs from game to game. I have a compat list somewhere around here.... Ah, yeah, HERE it is.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
LOL cheezeball your so crazy man .. thanks for the list

Well, I don't see what bearing that has on anything, spurting off random facts... :p No prob, d00der.