• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Dead Rising 2

TeamOverload

Anybody picking this up today? I've had mine on pre-order from Amazon for a while, so it should be delivered today (Along with GH: Warriors of Rock). I wasn't a huge fan of the first one, and this one seems a lot more appealing to me, even though many of the reviews are saying it doesn't change the formula all too much, so I guess we shall see. I just want to kill some zombies NOW.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I played it this past weekend.
If you loved the first one, you are going to love this. Reviews are right about it not changing the formula much, but that is good.
Overall I enjoyed it, haven't played it on Live yet but I heard co op is fun.

TeamOverload

Yeah, I heard co op is a big plus as well. Am I correct in assuming it's online only though? Would have loved to play it splitscreen with some friends, but unfortunately local multiplayer seems to be a thing of the past in a majority of games.

TeamOverload

Had some time to play for a bit today and here's my thoughts so far.

Definitely enjoying it more than I did with the first one. Enjoy the backstory and the game show premise. Loving the ability to combine weapons and items and make truly crazy shit. Online is fun as well, with the ability to play through a 4 round version of the TIR game show.

Unfortunately, one of my biggest pep peeves from DR1, the save/checkpoint system still remains fairly similar and as such is frustrating in my opinion (and checkpoints are nonexistent :/) If I die, I don't mind getting sent back, but I don't want to lose all my items, leveling, kills, and everything I did.

TeamOverload

Let me know your thoughts, I wish more people here had it to discuss, but I guess we shall see. I have a feeling many members here are probably waiting for it to come down in price unsurprisingly.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Not a huge fan of Dead Rising. When x3sphere and I saw it at E3 we noticed a lot of framerates dropping when walking around outside (also heard this from someone on IRC with the PS3 version) so I'm just wondering if you guys run into this as well

TeamOverload

I have yet to run into any major frame rate issues at all, only once or twice so far in the hours I've played has it slowed down at all, and even that was barely noticeable and only for a few seconds. This is on the Playstation 3 version.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I haven't noticed any frame rate drops, but the loading is terrible. Every area you enter takes a while to load, and what makes this worse is if you have survivors following you and you enter a new area too quickly, you have to go back where you came from (wait for it to load), wait for the survivor to get close to you and enter the new area again (and wait for it to load again). Very annoying.

The overall pace is slow too. While waiting for survivors to join you, you must talk to them, wait for their response, say something else, wait for their response, ect until they join you. In a game where there is a big countdown timer and thousands of zombies coming at you, the conversations need to be sped up. Also when changing clothes, Chuck decides to just stand there for a few seconds after he puts on or returns the clothes (with no way to move) so he almost always get attacked and has to shake the zombie off. It's also dumb how you can't take off a hat unless you are in a store that has hats. I was walking around for a few cases figuring out how to get rid off my 'Ladies Cap' which made me look ridiculous when [BLACKOUT]talking to my daughter about her dead mom[/BLACKOUT]. Also, not being able to run makes the game feel even slower.

Even with the slow pace, and other frustrations, I'm still mildly enjoying the game. I'm hoping after the game is done there will be a way to free roam and just fool around, since that's all I really want to do.

TeamOverload

Well technically you could free roam now, if you didn't care about the story. On subsequent playthroughs you will again be offered the story, but you can just dick around all you want.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So I really like this game, but haven't had hardly any time to play it. I just started my second day and gave the girl her second dose of zombrex. How's the co-op?

I left off pretty much exactly where Abe is. I spent a good while plaything this game just fucking around and getting the feel for it again. Definitely brings back that old feeling of the first one. I also checked out the TIR mini games where you can earn money for the story mission... couldn't help but feel that I was sort of cheating by earning money that way hmm. So far so good though, I'll be playing this some more tonight for sure.

Chathurga

Unfortunately, one of my biggest pep peeves from DR1, the save/checkpoint system still remains fairly similar and as such is frustrating in my opinion (and checkpoints are nonexistent :/) If I die, I don't mind getting sent back, but I don't want to lose all my items, leveling, kills, and everything I did.

I really like the save system, makes dying actually dangerous.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
is the aiming control better in this game?, i'm debating on getting it, and the aiming control in DR1 was awful imo