• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Dead Space 2 Discussion

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
So the demo for Dead Space 2 just went live on the various platforms and I just finished playing it. I really enjoyed the new javelin gun (reminds me of the nail gun from F.E.A.R.). Took me a while to download on the Xbox 360 but was well worth the wait. I'll definitely be picking it up on Jan 25th when it comes out

Robby

Los Doyers!
The first one was scary as fuck. I never been scared to even start playing a game. Playing in the dark with surround sound did not help one bit.

Come to think of it, I never beat the game, made it to like chapter 5 then stop. I better start playing it again before this one comes out but I'll be getting this game.

Downloading the demo now.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Gonna download this ASAP. I love this game. Already pre-ordered the Signature Edition because I also want Ignition :D

THe first game was an awesome experience, so I expect this one to surpass it.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Fucking loved the first and I had no idea a demo was coming out so this is awesome. I'll download it now.

I never got very far in the first one so I just got it and am going to play it NOW (well after I do some graduate school stuff and ...articles for this site that I should be doing)

CDJuda

All I can say is that the first one was simply amazing, can't wait for the multiplayer in the second one...

Dead-Space-2-Isaac-Clarke-vs-the-Vent-from-Visceral-Games-Wishing-You-a-Happy-Holiday.jpg

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The latest OXM reviewed this and gave it a 9.5. From what I read it seems to be better than the first.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
General consensus is that the game is better than the first and a very good game... Can't wait for mine to arrive :D

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've really gotten into the first, after I disabled VSync. Looking forward to this.

Anybody read IGN's review? Did he let his child write this?

You only saying that because you saw the post on reddit? Sure it wasn't a well-written review but it wasn't /that/ bad

Seth

MD Party Room
I just got my copy in today, I playing threw the first one again on hard before I start on the second one.

Also IGN found the multiplayer bad and boring while Gamespot found it Exhilarating so I not sure what to think. Anyone who picked it up for the ps3 is welcome to play me online later tonight

Also for anyone who going to be playing dead space extraction it need about 3.5 gb of disk space on your ps3.

[video=youtube;XjcBINH4HL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjcBINH4HL4[/video]

Robby

Los Doyers!
I just got my copy in today, I playing threw the first one again on hard before I start on the second one.

Also IGN found the multiplayer bad and boring while Gamespot found it Exhilarating so I not sure what to think. Anyone who picked it up for the ps3 is welcome to play me online later tonight

Also for anyone who going to be playing dead space extraction it need about 3.5 gb of disk space on your ps3.

[video=youtube;XjcBINH4HL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjcBINH4HL4[/video]

I never listen to IGN reviews.

TeamOverload

So slightly off topic, but slightly related, but I just purchased Extraction for the PS3. Wasn't really a fan of the first Dead Space, and I don't see this one changing my mind much, but I wanted a PS Move game, so I caved in on this. It's pretty fun, and definitely one of the better on-rails shooters I've played. Maybe, it'll make me change my mind once I beat it and go back and give the first one a try again at least.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Amazing game so far - better than the first I'd say. Just started chapter 4.

For anyone interested, this site is selling EA DM CD keys for $24:

http://cdkeyshere.com/dead-space-2-cd-key.html

Can't activate on Steam unfortunately but beats paying $60.

Seth

MD Party Room
So slightly off topic, but slightly related, but I just purchased Extraction for the PS3. Wasn't really a fan of the first Dead Space, and I don't see this one changing my mind much, but I wanted a PS Move game, so I caved in on this. It's pretty fun, and definitely one of the better on-rails shooters I've played. Maybe, it'll make me change my mind once I beat it and go back and give the first one a try again at least.

I really enjoyed Extraction a great deal was very fun and moving, the challenger mode is sucking a great deal of my time. Also the game is really really easy even on "impossible". It really worked great with a move, felt it worked alot better than when I played it on wii.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
BANG BANG BANG BANG PEW PEW PEW

[video=youtube;eBS86rAT4W0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS86rAT4W0[/video]