• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Crysis 2 Discussion

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Discussion thread for Crysis 2 which launched today on PC, 360 and PS3. I picked it up for the PC (pre-order on Steam) and just played through the first two missions. Really enjoying it and decided to play through on the hardest difficulty possible for a change (I usually start one notch below hardest). The AI has its dumb moments and their movements are scripted. It's a little disappointing to see scripted movements and times where they just stand still, oblivious to your presence because you took a route that wasn't really "intended" and thus the AI doesn't respond properly.

Still really fun to play though and am looking forward to jumping into the multiplayer. Not a huge fan of MP on PC (hacking) but thought I'd give it a shot with C2 which I should get into in two weeks time

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
It comes out on Friday here in the UK, my copy got dispatched from Game today :)
I have already played the whole single player, only on Soldier though (the second of the four difficulty settings). AI seemed OK to me, though the game was pretty buggy so I was probably very much looking at any positive things :p
The MP Demo didn't seem to have any hackers :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm about an hour in so far, feels like a solid FPS. Only thing that's bugged me is the forced nanosuit tutorials in the first couple levels, where it stops to explain how to use cloak or armor. At least these sequences aren't lengthy (less than a minute) but just seemed like an unnecessary break in the action to me. I personally liked the way the original never held your hand.

PC options are ridiculously limited, which is a disappointment. There's High, Very High, and Extreme as far as graphical options go. You can at least edit the config to tweak individual settings, but really, they should have added an 'advanced settings' submenu or something. Funny how there's no low or medium setting :p

On another note I have to say I don't mind the linearity at all. The setting is a nice change of pace for Crytek. I can't really fathom why people were complaining about this, many of the best games are linear (HL series instantly comes to mind).

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Just pre-ordered it and waiting on it unlocking in 2 days and 4 hours. Have Batman: Arkham Asylum to keep me occupied in the meantime anyways.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm about an hour in so far, feels like a solid FPS. Only thing that's bugged me is the forced nanosuit tutorials in the first couple levels, where it stops to explain how to use cloak or armor. At least these sequences aren't lengthy (less than a minute) but just seemed like an unnecessary break in the action to me. I personally liked the way the original never held your hand.

PC options are ridiculously limited, which is a disappointment. There's High, Very High, and Extreme as far as graphical options go. You can at least edit the config to tweak individual settings, but really, they should have added an 'advanced settings' submenu or something. Funny how there's no low or medium setting :p

On another note I have to say I don't mind the linearity at all. The setting is a nice change of pace for Crytek. I can't really fathom why people were complaining about this, many of the best games are linear (HL series instantly comes to mind).

I too am upset about the lack of options for the graphics but all I want is for it to look good and play good and that's exactly what it does on Very High for me so I'm a happy camper

They might patch it in later though (I'm hoping) with the DX11 patch

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Just pre-ordered it and waiting on it unlocking in 2 days and 4 hours. Have Batman: Arkham Asylum to keep me occupied in the meantime anyways.

Hopefully the friends list will actually work properly and us 2 can go round pwning again :D

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hopefully the friends list will actually work properly and us 2 can go round pwning again :D

Apparently it was fixed in a patch to the demo but never got round to testing it. I love that the thread I made on the Steam forums was actually used by Crytek to fix a number of issues.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I too am upset about the lack of options for the graphics but all I want is for it to look good and play good and that's exactly what it does on Very High for me so I'm a happy camper

They might patch it in later though (I'm hoping) with the DX11 patch

Yeah I hope so. Game does look great, I've noticed there are virtually no jaggies too, even on foliage.

El Diablo

Downloaded this for the PS3 last Friday and started playing the campaign over the weekend. Really started to like it so I bought it today on the PC. Kind of dissapointed though. On Amazon when I was buying it today it said it was the limited edition version, after I checked out after the main screen where I added it to my cart, it was just "Crysis 2" and I didn't get the limited edition. Not only that but multiplayer is completely fucked right now worse than Black Ops. Had I known this I would have gotten it on steam or through D2D or something and to try and get the limited edition there.

Also I'm pretty dissapointed about the lack of graphics options like you guys said. I wish there was at least an option to change the FOV and turn off the motion blur without having to go into the config and make changes. Wish you could toggle the ADS like you could crouch too but I'm sure there's a way to do that too in the config.

Anyway, the actual gameplay is great and so was the one multiplayer game I played for a minute. Once these minor things are fixed/hopefully added in the game will be great.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I played the mp demo, and I liked it (surprising since I wasn't all that into the first one.) I was gonna pick it up today but I decided to wait for feedback on the console version.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
You can edit the graphics options either by console or by editting the config file. At least that's what I've read.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
How is the multiplayer fucked?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Apparently to change the FOV, it's "cl_fov ##" in the console. Obviously replace ## with whatever value and no quotation marks.

El Diablo

It's not allowing people to add their CD keys/saving them. Once you get in it says serial in use, or can't connect to server, or if you get in you get disconnected. Some people didn't have the problem, and some were able to get theirs to save but most people are having this issue. Also I'm pretty sure everyone who preordered/got the limited edition isn't able to put their code in and get the limited edition perks. Also I believe retail buyers can't put their games into steam (I know I can't and saw posts about it on other forums). I was finally able to fix the multiplayer key issue and start playing multiplayer and I'm loving it now. Game looks great and I'm only running it on high settings right now and only seen noticeable fps drops on a few maps with a lot going on and a lot of people.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
[video=youtube;jRTXpncI8BI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRTXpncI8BI[/video]

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Haha, that was in the leak too :p

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Buys Crysis 2>Extremely excited for multiplayer> Login > enter all codes for limited edition stuff and CD Key> finds only 3 Ranked servers with people in them , 2 are full and the one that isn't says "Serial Key in use"

MOTHER OF PERAL

This makes me so disappointed! :(

And it doesn't save my serial when I enter it at the login Screen either.

Add to that I already had to enter it like 3 times just to install it and get it to start!

OK WOW, Nearly every server is giving me the "Serial In use" issue.

Ialsdkfjkfalskfdjlkasjdlfka

El Diablo

^^^ is how multiplayer is fucked up :).

Trigun, try completely closing the game. Reopen it and log in, go straight to multiplayer. Enter your CD key with dashes when it prompts you. When you get to the multiplayer main menu, quit the game. Hopefully when you re open the game it will be saved now and you will be able to join servers and not deal with the serial in use thing. That worked for me although some fixes don't seem to be working for everyone.