• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS Post your Friend Codes

PR0fessor Burnt

Don't know how many people got a 3DS this weekend, but if you did post your friend codes here.

Mine is: 2964-8590-8841
Name is Burnt

Riorio99

5112-3411-9715
Name: Rob
Only playing Street Fighter right now.

I tried to add you, Burnt, but I need your name or some shit.

PR0fessor Burnt

they really need to move away from friend codes whats the point of these any ways?

play online games with friends?
same as any online game ID

the way they have them set up is stupid though. the fact that you need to add them as well as they add u is just stupid. Also you need their name as well as a friend code, should be just one or the other.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The stupid thing about the DS: the limitations on encryption. I forget the exact requirements (password protected WEP?) but whatever they are they will prevent me from playing my DS online since I have no compatible access points. I might be able to turn my phone into a compatible one though, depending on the requirements. Really would like to fight someone later on in Pokemon after I get more time to put into it

Spiros

Maiki
The friend code system does seem stupid, but my guess is it's made to be difficult, so that little kids won't just get random friend requests from pedos. So annoying as it sounds, it might be a good idea for a system like the 3DS that I think a lot of younger kids gravitate towards.

PR0fessor Burnt

The stupid thing about the DS: the limitations on encryption. I forget the exact requirements (password protected WEP?) but whatever they are they will prevent me from playing my DS online since I have no compatible access points. I might be able to turn my phone into a compatible one though, depending on the requirements. Really would like to fight someone later on in Pokemon after I get more time to put into it

the 3DS does support WPA2 so that's not really the problem anymore

The friend code system does seem stupid, but my guess is it's made to be difficult, so that little kids won't just get random friend requests from pedos. So annoying as it sounds, it might be a good idea for a system like the 3DS that I think a lot of younger kids gravitate towards.

They could have made it so there is an option in the parent controls so that there is a password or something to be able to add friends like the Xbox does

TeamOverload

Just got this today as an early birthday present. Shame to see there aren't more people with it here. Finally got the system online (had to use Google DNS), still can't update the console via system update, even after going through all Nintendo's troubleshooting but that's another problem for another day.

Here's my info:

User name: Epic
Friend Code: 1719-3232-2198

Add me fellas.

PR0fessor Burnt

Just got this today as an early birthday present. Shame to see there aren't more people with it here. Finally got the system online (had to use Google DNS), still can't update the console via system update, even after going through all Nintendo's troubleshooting but that's another problem for another day.

Here's my info:

User name: Epic
Friend Code: 1719-3232-2198

Add me fellas.

added

TeamOverload

Since this is our most official 3DS thread it seems, I'll just post this here.

Just picked up Ridge Racer 3D earlier today. Pretty nice title, and definitely one of the nicer 3D effects I've seen done on the system so far. I really like the 3D hud, and the depth of vision, and the little effects they added in such as confetti flying against the screen, planes flying by, water flying towards the screen when driving over puddles, and sparks flying at you when rubbing against a wall or another car. Wish the car models and reflections looked nicer, as they're pretty poor, but the environments and such are nice. Definitely worth checking out, shame there's no online multiplayer though, as the online does seem slightly promising for this system :/

TeamOverload

Ended up getting SSF4 today, probably won't play online much on it, since i'm not too great at fighting games though.