• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi L.A. Noire Discussion

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well I just decided to get this game today after a bit of debating (it comes out next week on the 17th). I've been following the game for quite some time now and have been looking to get myself sucked into another game (Portal 2 was too short). Everything I've seen on it, from trailers to a live demo at PAX East, has seriously left a strong impression on me. I seriously expect this game to rank in the 90s on metacritic easily (well it being a Rockstar game certainly improves that possibility) and will be a nice change of pace from all the run-and-gun games I've been playing.

Anyone else picking it up or planning on it? If not...do it! Do it now!

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
o god, i can not wait for this thing to come out, all the video's i've seen of it look absolutely amazing, apparantly using the game's engine they created a 60 minute movie that was shown at the Tribeca Film Festival, but i can't seem to find it anywhere online

also, frozen, haven't updated your sig in a bit i see=-)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Day one for me on PS3, with the $15 credit on Amazon right now it's a no-brainer.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
o god, i can not wait for this thing to come out, all the video's i've seen of it look absolutely amazing, apparantly using the game's engine they created a 60 minute movie that was shown at the Tribeca Film Festival, but i can't seem to find it anywhere online

also, frozen, haven't updated your sig in a bit i see=-)

Well I just got done with college last week so I've been enjoying life ;) Will update now.

Also x3sphere the $15 credit on Amazon is also what made me pull the trigger on a pre-order for it. I love the extra credit, made me get Uncharted 2 for $20 because I had $40 worth of credit from pre-orders a few months prior :)

Seth

MD Party Room
I cant wait for this game as well, Im sure it take everyone by storm much like Red dead did, while in most cases I go with amazon wit the credit I pre ordered from gamestop with the trade in 2 games for 50 bucks plus I be going to the midnight launch with a few of my buddy another added plus.

Also

Best Buy offers preorders of L.A. Noire bundled with a $15 Best Buy Gift Card, for $59.99. Rewards Zone Gamers Club members earn 500 bonus points, enough for a $10 Best Buy Gift Card so 25 bucks in giftcards that a deal worth takeing. So 10 bucks better than Amazon ATM

january39

eXo Staff
Yep, day one purchase for me, not seen the amazon credits though - can you get that in the UK? I'm not a heavy user of amazon.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yep, day one purchase for me, not seen the amazon credits though - can you get that in the UK? I'm not a heavy user of amazon.

Always assumed that the UK received a similar deal but from the looks of it it's a no-go for UK customers

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Sorry for the offtopic but:

How do you guys get amazon credit? I've bought at least 4 games new from there this year only and I've no idea how that works =\

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry for the offtopic but:

How do you guys get amazon credit? I've bought at least 4 games new from there this year only and I've no idea how that works =\

The credit is automatically applied to your account after purchasing, seems the offer in this case is US only though :/

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
The credit is automatically applied to your account after purchasing, seems the offer in this case is US only though :/

Oh, I see...

Well it's okay since I'm used to getting shafted in those kind of things... xD

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Currently in the process of moving my room from upstairs so I can finally get my own room (previously shared a room with my brother). First thing I did (still a lot of moving to be done) was to put up a poster of this very game....I never throw up posters in my room so bravo L.A. Noire

20074271a7a60430e0e55f8d52bd5fdc3f1dcef7.JPG

Robby

Los Doyers!
Currently in the process of moving my room from upstairs so I can finally get my own room (previously shared a room with my brother). First thing I did (still a lot of moving to be done) was to put up a poster of this very game....I never throw up posters in my room so bravo L.A. Noire

20074271a7a60430e0e55f8d52bd5fdc3f1dcef7.JPG
I never put game posters on my wall, expect for the Halo 3 poster that came with the game when I got it.
Don't know why I put it up and don't know why it's still up, it became part of my room really.

Seth

MD Party Room
I been playing it for about an hour so I love it however im not really following the story they keep jumping to different things in the game. Also all the cars look like same I dont know how im going to drive all the cars if I cant even tell them apart.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
alright, so i have been playing it for a few hours now and while i'm only in a few hours, i've been promoted twice and it feels like i have no free roam capability what so ever. Instead i'm just thrown into each case after completing the previous one, so far i can't choose between a selection of cases each case is just given to you with no freedom of choice(rather this opens up later or not, i'm not sure yet.)

next, their seems to be no concept of shopping, rewards seem to be with new outfit's(which you can change between at any time), and are gained simply by completing cases and gaining experience. also, i'm not sure if their's anyway to upgrade from a pistol(early on you use a shotgun that's in the back of a patrol car, but other than that time you only use a pistol with infinite ammo, and can pick up weapons on the battlefield, but you seem to lose them after the fight).

graphically, the game is outstanding, and you can really tell that the game is pushing the console, on the 360, their have been a couple of points where the game bogged down for a few moments(most likely due to loading resources and such), and the facial expressions is amazing, every detail is caught, and it's quite outstanding.

the investigation system is absolutely amazing, you can tell that they pulled out all the tricks on this one, it's absolutely amazing, i personally turned off all the clue helping so that it'd be a bit more difficult(and i'd recommend it to anyone that is finding the game to be pretty easy).

however, overall i'm a bit disappointed so far, granted, i've played only for a few hours, so alot of the issues i have at the moment may simple be because i'm not higher up in the game. but i currently feel like their's this huge world that i could explore however the game's primary story is forcing me to follow a set path. I think my main issue is that the game just keeps going, their's really no place where i can just stop, and explore, or do whatever i want, i keep getting pushed into the next case.

that's my thoughts on it so far(o and as seth pointed out, alot of the cars just seem like slight modifications from each other)

...o, and one other thing: their are way too many people that are capable of climbing pipes...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I love the wood paneling Frozen.

It's our basement and it's an older house...not much I can do about it.

I'm quite pissed right now as my game will not arrive until tomorrow even though I got the release-date shipping from Amazon. Was really looking forward to playing it today since I didn't have work today.....really tempted to go out and buy it at a retail store and return my Amazon one when it gets here

Robby

Los Doyers!
Eh not seeing what the fuss is about for this game. Great graphics yes, on the xbox it has its slowed down moments too. Gameplay though is OK. I think it's a nice change to be the "good guy", but there are too many tiny little irks about it that I noticed that kinda drive me away.

I'll probably play it once and forget about it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think the gameplay is great, apart from the shooting sequences, but they are infrequent. The cases have been very compelling so far.