• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPad 3 mockup shows 3D AMOLED screen...

OUTL4W

ipad-3.jpg

We’re still waiting on Steve Jobs and the rest of the iCrew to formally announce the new iPhone 5, but it seems that more and more concepts are starting to emerge for the inevitable iPad 3 as well. Some upgrades are to be expected, but this mockup is really quite the beauty.
Let’s preface this by saying that, this mockup is highly unofficial and will most probably not even nearly represent what the final third-generation tablet from Apple will look like. That said, it is in line with several of the possible rumors for the iPad 3, including an edge-to-edge display that could be similar to the edge-to-edge we’re hearing for the iPhone 5.

But this display could be different. Yes, if the iPhone 5 rumors hold up, the edge-to-edge screen would mean virtually no bezel, as well as the absense of the physical home button. The two kickers here are that the display could be 3D, including 3D apps, and it could be AMOLED. The latter screams out a Samsung supply chain, but the two companies are still butting heads over other problems.

If this “iPad 3 mockup” really turns out to be representative of the final iPad 3 product, I’m sure even the non-iFans (myself included) will have to appreciate its beauty. Super thin chassis, edge-to-edge AMOLED 3D screen, A6 quad core processor? Stunning. Simply stunning.

Via
http://www.mobilemag.com/2011/07/05/apple-ipad-3-mockup-emerges-with-3d-edge-to-edge-amoled-display/

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Those specs sound tempting... if this is actually the iPad 3 I may get one.

El Diablo

I refuse to consider an iPad or any other tablet a viable use of money until they have usb ports and can actually do something. I don't really get the point of them, they seem like glorified phones without the phone part for the price of a laptop...I mean what exactly is so great about them? = \

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Those specs sound tempting... if this is actually the iPad 3 I may get one.

Same here. My friend has a Xoom and I love it. I've been putting off the purchase of one if these for a while and if this pans out I'll take the plunge.

@El Diablo - Nobody really needs one, but it's sure nice to have on the coffee table.

El Diablo

I guess, I just think a laptop or a netbook would be a better purchase than one.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've got a netbook and it's under the glass of my coffee table collecting dust. I pretty much exlusively use my iPhone for web browsing while on the couch.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Highly unlikely. There are reasons we don't see too many large AMOLED screens, they cost too much to produce. Add 3D on top of that and we have a highly unlikely iPad 3 mockup

El Diablo

My laptop pretty much is a netbook and I've used enough that I would prefer that with a real keyboard to a tablet.

Seth

MD Party Room
I been wanting a ipad for a while now, Since the standby is over a month it be well worth it to keep in my car for those times when you need to keep more than a half hour. Also I been really wanting a edge-to-edge display if Iphone 5 comes to sprint and has specs that match the SG2 I dumping my last gen android for a iphone. Here hopeing for that A6 quad core processor...

B

Bizarre

Picture is defiantly fake, sorry to bring people's hopes down, but the specs do sound realistic which is something to look forward to.

OUTL4W

I refuse to consider an iPad or any other tablet a viable use of money until they have usb ports and can actually do something. I don't really get the point of them, they seem like glorified phones without the phone part for the price of a laptop...I mean what exactly is so great about them? = \

I'm sure this will get the thunderbolt treatment as well.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Picture is defiantly fake, sorry to bring people's hopes down, but the specs do sound realistic which is something to look forward to.

Nobody was saying it was real. It clearly said it was a mock. It's taking rumors that have been circulating and made a CGI image of it. This isn't attempting to trick anyone. Only to visualize the rumors.

B

Bizarre

Nobody was saying it was real. It clearly said it was a mock. It's taking rumors that have been circulating and made a CGI image of it. This isn't attempting to trick anyone. Only to visualize the rumors.

Mock ups are usually never close to what the actual device looks like, which is what I'm trying to say.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Mock ups are usually never close to what the actual device looks like, which is what I'm trying to say.

You said "picture is defiantly fake" I could have been an ass and correct your spelling. But regardless, you were discrediting it as if it was a legitimate image. Which no one said was the case. No one takes a mock seriously. They are fun to look at. With the rumors circulating about the device to look similar or have concepts shown in the mock. You should have clarified that in the original post that you meant that mocks never look like the mock.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
You said "picture is defiantly fake" I could have been an ass and correct your spelling. But regardless, you were discrediting it as if it was a legitimate image. Which no one said was the case. No one takes a mock seriously. They are fun to look at. With the rumors circulating about the device to look similar or have concepts shown in the mock. You should have clarified that in the original post that you meant that mocks never look like the mock.

meh, might have been a few random people that could have thought these were real, he wasn't hurting anyone by having him point out that they are fake.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
meh, might have been a few random people that could have thought these were real, he wasn't hurting anyone by having him point out that they are fake.

I could see that being possible. I'm just pointing out that what he intended to say isn't what he actually say.