• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

HP order touchpad liquidation

OUTL4W

Adiuvo

It's a great deal. I got the last one at my local Staples. There's already a team together to port over Honeycomb too.

OUTL4W

More news regarding it...
Very interesting story on 9to5 Mac today, the day that HP announced that it is scrapping its TouchPad tablet, all about how, according to HP sources speaking to The Next Web, when Hewlett-Packard engineers hacked an iPad 2 and installed their own webOS on it, they found that it ran more than twice as fast on the iPad 2 than on the TouchPad! According to the report, the discovery was

xploren

Contributor
If you're able to find one and it turns out to be a demo unit, do not buy it, it's useless as demo units cannot sign up for a webOS account. I had to learn this the hard way.

But I might head out tomorrow morning to get a new one at Best Buy now that they're selling off their inventory. I played with it for a bit with the demo software still on and it really isn't bad.

Adiuvo

Best Buy is sending all of their units back to HP. I tried to buy another one there to sell but was met with a big flyer announcing the decision.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So you were in store and they refused the sale? I was hopping to run out to Best Buy at lunch tomorrow and try to get one. Too cheap to pass up.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
BestBuy is actually going to sell them last I heard and are selling them right now at the lowered price. I picked one up from HP on Friday night when the word first got out :)

Adiuvo

So you were in store and they refused the sale? I was hopping to run out to Best Buy at lunch tomorrow and try to get one. Too cheap to pass up.

I was at the store entrance and about a minute before opening they taped the announcement to the glass. I didn't pursue it past that.

Seth

MD Party Room
I was willing to bite however I found none in stock. :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Seth

MD Party Room
nope those seem to be long gone

Seth

MD Party Room
X3 you freaking rule how did you even think of barnes and noble I never know. Anyone I took the dip this shall make a good time killer downstairs or a extra in my car in times of boredom... It about 5 bucks more than I wanted to spend but me being sick as a dog I rather not go store hunting for this ....Now to wait for a drop on that HP Touchstone Charging Dock...

Also since some of you have it, what apps are you going to install?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I pulled the trigger a few minutes ago at B&N as well. I've been talking about getting a tablet for a while and couldn't pass up a $100 one.

Adiuvo

X3 you freaking rule how did you even think of barnes and noble I never know. Anyone I took the dip this shall make a good time killer downstairs or a extra in my car in times of boredom... It about 5 bucks more than I wanted to spend but me being sick as a dog I rather not go store hunting for this ....Now to wait for a drop on that HP Touchstone Charging Dock...

After having this thing for a bit a charging dock really isn't necessary. Buy a 'leather' case from Ebay and that's all you need. The charging dock is way too expensive for what it is.

xploren

Contributor
Oh man, B&N is apparently randomly canceling orders, and I got hit. I was one of the first to buy too, and got several emails saying they approved my order and were getting ready to ship it, but I got the cancellation email this morning...

Seth

MD Party Room
Well that sucks big time, hope mine get approved

BlackSheep

Oh man, B&N is apparently randomly canceling orders, and I got hit. I was one of the first to buy too, and got several emails saying they approved my order and were getting ready to ship it, but I got the cancellation email this morning...

im glad i got mine i ordered two but with two accounts honeycomb here i come!

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

I bet mine will get cancelled. What did the cancellation email say?