• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Battlefield 3

OUTL4W

[YouTube]G-ukxgldpOo[/YouTube]

Ohhhh...flash surpressor....I want....

Update 10/22
[YouTube]_kK4mwRbYns[/YouTube]

El Diablo

I want to play this game so badly. I had today off of work and have been waiting since I woke up at 8 for the beta. It's 11:30 and still have yet to receive my key let alone actually download it :(. I need to play, it's bad enough seeing x3 in the Diablo 3 beta on steam.

El Diablo

Still waiting >.>

TeamOverload

Got my email today reminding me to download the PS3 Beta, but I'll probably just end up waiting for the 360 Open Beta on Thursday.

El Diablo

It's bad enough I had to preorder on their origin piece of shit, but they don't even give me my early access. That's pretty ridiculous. This doesn't make me any more of an EA/Origin fan.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I wasn't too impressed after playing two matches. Typical camp fest with the Rush game mode.

Yeah, not a fan of Rush at all. I think the map is poor too though. Good news is they are opening the Caspian Border map on PC (tomorrow I believe). That's this one:

[video=youtube;NDDfPxF3EFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE[/video]

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm disappointed in the beta. It has made me not excited for Battlefield 3 no more.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Footage from Caspian Border (PC)... not mine

[video=youtube;ZX68dN3oIzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX68dN3oIzI&feature=related[/video]
[video=youtube;yGg0iYrBdBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGg0iYrBdBI&feature=related[/video]

No idea why this wasn't the default beta map, looks so much better...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Finally going to have an opportunity to try this out tonight. Still have yet to beat Gears of War 3 (this is a first for me - not completing a FPS game in the first few days of release if not the first day). Time...I want more of it!

El Diablo

For PC users, if you use chrome and hit shift+control+j and paste "launcher.verifyPassword = function(game, gameServerGuid, plaintextPassword, callback) { callback(true); }" and press enter, you can just press submit and it will be the correct password. Goodluck getting into one of the caspian border servers, but I can say it's worth the wait.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just played a full match and already noticing environmental glitches. Although had a blast while playing when those glitches were not killing me.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
These controls feel unresponsive as hell. I had a fucking great time setting stuff in the menus(mouse constantly disappearing). And WTF WE HAVE TO LAUNCH THROUGH ORIGIN, AND THEN THROUGH A WEBSITE?!

WTF

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
These controls feel unresponsive as hell. I had a fucking great time setting stuff in the menus(mouse constantly disappearing). And WTF WE HAVE TO LAUNCH THROUGH ORIGIN, AND THEN THROUGH A WEBSITE?!

WTF

Really? I don't have the beta (not pre-ordering and probably won't even get this since it's not on Steam) but from what I played of the alpha the controls felt responsive to me. And they got rid of the floaty feel that BC2 had.

I think Battlelog is great, it's a vast improvement over BC2's laggy UI. Not happy with it requiring Origin though, just yesterday it started maxing out my CPU for no reason.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Really? I don't have the beta (not pre-ordering and probably won't even get this since it's not on Steam) but from what I played of the alpha the controls felt responsive to me. And they got rid of the floaty feel that BC2 had.

I think Battlelog is great, it's a vast improvement over BC2's laggy UI. Not happy with it requiring Origin though, just yesterday it started maxing out my CPU for no reason.

It's in Open Beta right now so you don't have to pre-order anything luckily although you do still have to use Origin....

EDIT: Closing out of BF3 and joining in new matches is a bit annoying since Origin or the Battlelog are messing up when I try to join a new game. Sometimes the game won't launch (battlelog won't tell you why not, you have to look at Origin to see that it is non-responsive).

EDIT: Origin won't launch BF3 correctly, just got a DX error

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's in Open Beta right now so you don't have to pre-order anything luckily although you do still have to use Origin....

Oh had no idea, thought you still had to pre-order. I will check it out then.

Adiuvo

I don't see why they could just use Origin's browser or have the entire server log in BF3. The filters on it are great but it using the external browser is a pain.

Regarding the actual game, I like it so far. I'm getting a lot of graphical glitches but that's not much to complain about since it's a beta. Gameplay is fun, and I'm really glad there's no stupid glare in the maps so far. Atacama Desert was annoying to play because of that.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Have not been able to have a full match since my early post. Always being disconnected from server.....