• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Occupy Wall Street

eldiablov

Contributor
Police tactics seem to be shit from what little I have seen. Caging people in with orange netting? Macing people caged in by orange netting? Seems a bit reminiscent of what occurred at the student protests in London. (The kettiling, not the macing.)

There is such a massive mix of people in this movement so it's hard to establish what its aims actually are. You have the hippies who hate corporations, the unemployed who feel shunned and I've even seen hipster chicks with signs around their necks saying "I am Troy Davis". I don't know if such a varied movement can gain any real traction and be listened to, but here's to hoping I guess. Your political system certainly needs some big time reforms.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I was invited twice, once to partake in the protest, and again to help organize the more unruly individuals. I'm on the side of the protesters, but unfortunately I'm not a big fan of being bludgeoned by cops. The original plan was to work with law enforcement and have a peaceful protest, though due to the fact that a few people down there have there own agenda it has not exactly worked out that way.

Joey

Police tactics seem to be shit from what little I have seen. Caging people in with orange netting? Macing people caged in by orange netting? Seems a bit reminiscent of what occurred at the student protests in London. (The kettiling, not the macing.)

There is such a massive mix of people in this movement so it's hard to establish what its aims actually are. You have the hippies who hate corporations, the unemployed who feel shunned and I've even seen hipster chicks with signs around their necks saying "I am Troy Davis". I don't know if such a varied movement can gain any real traction and be listened to, but here's to hoping I guess. Your political system certainly needs some big time reforms.

You don't think thousands of people amassing in one place doesn't say something? Do you think bankers don't understand why they're there?

You don't need an individual message, the numbers say enough. I'd be there if it weren't 2500 miles away.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think last week when Unions started throwing their support and joined the protesters that the media attention ramped up a ton. Unions don't ever stop striking until they get a resolution that they like.

The ubfortunate thing about Occupy is that what's needed is reform tied to new legislation that hasn't even been proposed yet. There's no way of fast tracking any type of legislation that had to pas through the House and Senate.

I also feel that the Democrats will drag their heels to rally behind this come election time.

Slasher

Suck It
[video=youtube;RGRXCgMdz9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RGRXCgMdz9A[/video]

Moose

Meta Moose
Spent all day Saturday kettled (contained by the police) at Occupy London Stock Exchange. This is truly becoming a worldwide movement and I hope it makes a difference somehow. I'm sick of being treated like an idiot by my government.