• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What are some strange things you like to do that you think are unique?

Zx30

Beto
I'm sure we have plenty of stuff we do that we enjoy but probably think is not common in other folks. For example here are some things I like that might be not common.

-I like to use my knuckles to stab my gums. The pain feels good for some reason.
-My favorite chocolate is Nesquick powder before it's completely dissolved in milk. I usually dip a spoon full in a cup of milk for a few seconds and then eat the whole spoon full of wet powder. Delicious! Or mix poorly to I can have a lot of wet clumps of it.
-I can move my ears, so when I'm about to listen to someone, I usually move it like I'm a cartoon character like it helps. I know it really doesn't but I do anyways.

I can't think of anymore at the top of my head...I'm sure you guys will think of better things..

So...what are some strange things you like to do?

LocutusEstBorg

I stare at people. I answer questions bluntly and directly, especially when they're meant to tease or elicit a witty reply. I find it extremely annoying and a direct answer makes them STFU.

I provide no unnecessary information.
"Did you go to X place?"
"No." (Won't proceed to mention where I actually went)

I don't get insulted by almost anything people do or say. You'd have to try VERY hard to make me angry. I used to be very short tempered a few years ago but now I'm almost immune to anything that's supposed to evoke an emotional response.

Most of my possessions are perfectly perpendicular or parallel to the walls of the room they're in, or at 45 degrees in a corner. If they occur in pairs, then they are placed at equal adjacent angles W.R.T. a parallel object behind them. Wires and clothes and other non-straighten-able items are exempt from the rule.

I align mirrors in vehicles to reflect along the same horizontal plane (W.R.T. the driver's seat) and slightly overlap along the vertical plane on the inner edges.

I twist nozzles on perfume cans to exactly face the centre of front label. I hate nozzles that don't spray fluid in a cone along the central axis.

I hate meters & gauges with an odd number of divisions (or even number of division lines) since there's no middle value. I only set the volume at multiples of 5.

I hate logarithmic scales.

I hate unshaded isometric drawings. If I find one, I shade it.

I carry a bag full of USB cables (mini-USB, micro-USB, USB extension, USB charger etc.) and a bar of soap everywhere I go.

Riorio99

Ask questions that sound like they're going to have a follow-up, but never follow-up.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I often "perch" in a chair and hardly ever sit the correct way unless in a professional setting. Always did it as a kid because I was short and the "perching" gave me some extra height, especially while at a table or desk and still continue to do it today

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Sometimes, when talking to people, I purposely stutter. I have no troubles with my speech and I'm never stuck for words, but I trip over certain syllables and repeat irrelevant words every now and then, on purpose. I have no idea why I do it. I didn't even really notice that I did this until about a year ago, when a friend noted that I stuttered far more when sober than when drunk. Again, I have no idea why I do this. I just do.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I have developed the uncontrollable urge to smile for no reason.. Someone could tell me their mom just died and I'll smile like that is the greatest news I've ever heard.

Adiuvo

I often "perch" in a chair and hardly ever sit the correct way unless in a professional setting. Always did it as a kid because I was short and the "perching" gave me some extra height, especially while at a table or desk and still continue to do it today

You don't mean like this, right?

Death-Note-L.jpg

LocutusEstBorg

I have developed the uncontrollable urge to smile for no reason.. Someone could tell me their mom just died and I'll smile like that is the greatest news I've ever heard.

Yeah I tend to burst out laughing in inappropriate situations. Some crazy lady came to my house and started praying like a fanboy and I fell over laughing and everyone was shocked. After that they stopped calling me for their religious meetings.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've been feeding a malnourished feral cat for about 4 years now. When people are over and he shows up on my deck each night he freaks them out because he's so gross looking.

Slasher

Suck It
When things ever get quiet/awkward, or if I'm sitting beside someone and I feel like I should be conversating (but I generally don't), I find myself making noises to make my presence known

Like clearing my throat, fake coughing, moving my seat - just basically anything besides doing nothing

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've been feeding a malnourished feral cat for about 4 years now. When people are over and she shows up on my deck each night she freaks them out because she's so gross looking.

Stop talking about your wife like that!

...Sorry...couldn't resist

Alex

I always end up laughing/cracking jokes at inappropriate times, like if someones relative died or im getting told off at work..

Seth

MD Party Room
I seem to have a strange urge to clean my ears whenever I at my desk or reading something. I go threw a pack of 775 q tips in just under a month, there are q tips all over my desk. I also keep a back up mini pac in my car and in my backpack

I one of those guys that always has to have something on his wrist like a Rubber band one small and one big,wristbands,silly Bands, or watch of some kind. It why I love the power balances things cus they dont break so easy like the other stuff. I totally feel naked without one.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I one of those guys that always has to have something on his wrist like a Rubber band one small and one big,wristbands,silly Bands, or watch of some kind. It why I love the power balances things cus they dont break so easy like the other stuff. I totally feel naked without one.

That's odd. I'm the complete opposite. I really can't stand to have anything wrapped around my wrist at any time. I got told off a lot in hospital recently because I kept taking my ID wristband thing off. It just really, really bugs me. I really can't stand it.