• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii Zelda: Skyward discussions.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I'm picking this up later today, anyone else play it (x3), and have some thoughts of it so far?, reviews are stacking up in it's favor pretty nicely for what I've seen so far.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've put in a few hours and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't tend to notice a game's music but the music in this really does a great job of setting the proper tone. Motion controls are alright. My current setup isn't the best for playing the Wii so that's probably why I'm not having the best experience with it (I get frustrated when I do a side swipe with my sword and it translates it differently on screen. I have to hold my sword in one direction for a while before I start the swiping motion for it to register properly

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I've put in a few hours and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't tend to notice a game's music but the music in this really does a great job of setting the proper tone.
i have to agree 100% that the music stands out alot in this game.
Motion controls are alright. My current setup isn't the best for playing the Wii so that's probably why I'm not having the best experience with it (I get frustrated when I do a side swipe with my sword and it translates it differently on screen. I have to hold my sword in one direction for a while before I start the swiping motion for it to register properly
i have to also agree that the 1:1 motion doesn't work as nicely as i was hoping(but i'm playing pretty close to the sensor, so it may also be my setup as well.)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm liking the overworld in this Zelda. Traveling isn't as tedious as it was in previous titles (Wind Waker) and makes me want to explore more. I find myself going back to Skyloft after I've unlocked new areas.

The motion controls work almost flawlessly here... if I am standing up. When sitting down the calibration doesn't seem as precise, probably down to the placement of my sensor bar.

The level design (and especially dungeons) are excellent, definitely up to OoT standards. I'm about 12 hours in now, it really feels like Nintendo took the best bits of every Zelda they've created and put them into one game.

Anyone who hates motion controls probably won't enjoy this... which is a shame. However, from what I played so far the some parts wouldn't work at all without the MotionPlus. First boss fight is a prime example.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm liking the overworld in this Zelda. Traveling isn't as tedious as it was in previous titles (Wind Waker) and makes me want to explore more. I find myself going back to Skyloft after I've unlocked new areas.

The motion controls work almost flawlessly here... if I am standing up. When sitting down the calibration doesn't seem as precise, probably down to the placement of my sensor bar.

The level design (and especially dungeons) are excellent, definitely up to OoT standards. I'm about 12 hours in now, it really feels like Nintendo took the best bits of every Zelda they've created and put them into one game.

Anyone who hates motion controls probably won't enjoy this... which is a shame. However, from what I played so far the some parts wouldn't work at all without the MotionPlus. First boss fight is a prime example.

Yeah I'm sitting at my desk trying to play...not the ideal situation for motion controls

EDIT: Moved my seat and motion sensor and it has improved a bit. The first "boss" that I fought where you have to slice in the opposite direction of his hand was hard and confusing at first but there's a trick to it. Loving the game so far though (about 5.5hrs in)

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
i've got a question: are any of you guys left-handed? i am, and i remember having some issues with twilight princess due to this. i was wondering if there was some sort of option to toggle the sword hand to be the left or right hand.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i've got a question: are any of you guys left-handed? i am, and i remember having some issues with twilight princess due to this. i was wondering if there was some sort of option to toggle the sword hand to be the left or right hand.

I'm not, but I checked, and there's no option for it. The game should have no trouble recognizing your movements but Link will still hold the sword in his right hand.