• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

41 Megapixels showed by Nolia 808

AlexBen

:w00t:Nokia 808 PureView, a smartphone with a 41MP camera. I earlier hands-on provided with a glimpse of the new Symbian Airaccent smartphone but i am very wondering about the real meaning behind this 41MP sensor.

So what does that number really mean, and do more megapixels translate to better looking pictures? What are the challenges of squeezing so many megapixels into such a small sensor, and why does the smartphone save its images in 5MP when it has a 41MP camera? :confused1:
Nokia_808_PureView.jpg

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The sensor is 41megapixels, sure.
The images it saves are smaller though for storage reasons. 41 megapixel images take up a LOT of data and saving them would take ages compared to 5 megapixels.

AlexBen

Thanks menaceinc .
but Can the NOLIA 808 Replace Your Digital Camera?....in my eyes ,To useing the smartphone snapshot It is already a fact and trend.
i also like this .I often take my love products or cool gadgets shot down and then to make a comparison in Tthe Airaccent ...Good fun

The sensor is 41megapixels, sure.
The images it saves are smaller though for storage reasons. 41 megapixel images take up a LOT of data and saving them would take ages compared to 5 megapixels.