• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Rumor: Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver Reboot In Development

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
fd1.jpg

A beloved classic from the PlayStation era may be poised for a return, if a VG247 report is to be believed. The site has it on "good authority" that Crystal Dynamics is bringing back its long dormant, vampire-laden Legacy of Kain franchise with a reboot of Soul Reaver.

Reportedly, the title is a "full reworking" of the action-adventure classic, boasting a fresh new art direction[...]

Continue reading: Rumor: Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver Reboot In Development...

Chathurga

Legacy of Kain: Defiance was actually the last in the series, late 2003/early 2004. It's been 8 years wow, so sad they never finished the game what an amazingly well woven plot. Pity.

I want this to be good but the gaming environment right now is toxic to rich and interesting plots with the same cookie cutter bullshit releases getting all the attention. God damn this better be good.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Legacy of Kain: Defiance was actually the last in the series, late 2003/early 2004. It's been 8 years wow, so sad they never finished the game what an amazingly well woven plot. Pity.

I want this to be good but the gaming environment right now is toxic to rich and interesting plots with the same cookie cutter bullshit releases getting all the attention. God damn this better be good.

Agreed 100%.

I guess the end result of the Tomb Raider reboot will tell us how good this well be. Although I'd rather see Square put this in the hands of Eidos Montreal

hush404

Dude, Square has been doing right with spending the money and sparking interests in older eidos properties. With CD doing the much upgraded Tomb Raider, EM doing a spectacular job on Deus Ex and the new Hitman shaping up to be just as much a superb product - I'm just in awe.