• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Davee Uncovers sceKermit Driver, Communication API Between PS Vita and PSP Emulator

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
5843693994_aa927fb302_z.jpg

Well-known PSP homebrew developer Davee has uncovered a set of API-level functions, collectively known as sceKermit, that Sony uses to communicate with PS Vita hardware through the built-in PSP emulator. By transfer of specialized packets, Kermit acts as the gateway to access hardware devices such as the Memory Stick, Flash filesystem, USB, Power Control, WLAN, and more[...]

Continue reading: Davee Uncovers sceKermit Driver, Communication API Between PS Vita and PSP Emulator...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
It would be hilarious if they did honestly.
Super Hilarious.

Hilaruous to whom? Losing features is never something people should be happy about.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Let's hope they don't pull PSP emulation all together... Great work though Davee

Hellcat

Contributor
They did it before (OtherOS, which was an advertised feature), and they'll do it again - esp. as the PSP emulator isn't used to advertise the PS Vita.
IIRC they even cover the removal of features in the TOS these days, but I'm not sure about that.

Apart from that, yes, great work from Davee's side, I only wish it was more.... "accessible" for others, as I'd really like to tinker around there too....

Alex

I highly doubt that they'll remove it, it'll cost them too much in sales, especially on the pstore