• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN Journey Breaks Records, Fastest Selling Game Ever On PSN

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
5249058352_cbe42ac04f_o.jpg

It would seem that critics werent the only ones enthralled with Journey, the latest majestic experience from thatgamecompany. Sony's announced that the title, released two weeks ago on PSN, is the fast-selling game ever to grace the PS Store in North America. Previously that record was held by Infamous 2: Festival of Blood.

"Thanks to you, Journey has officially broken PlayStation Network and PlayStation Store sales records, surpassing all first and third-party games to become the fastest-selling game ever released in the SCEA region on the PlayStation Network," wrote Creative Director Jenova Chen on the PS Blog[...]

Continue reading: Journey Breaks Records, Fastest Selling Game Ever On PSN...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm getting pretty tired of everyone derailing topics to talk about Sony's antics of PROTECTING THEIR INVESTMENTS.

Anyway, good for thatgamecompany. They deserve it, Journey is a great game that I'm bound to pay for as soon as I have the cash.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm getting pretty tired of everyone derailing topics to talk about Sony's antics of PROTECTING THEIR INVESTMENTS.

Anyway, good for thatgamecompany. They deserve it, Journey is a great game that I'm bound to pay for as soon as I have the cash.

What better way to protect your investment then to piss off not only haters but your loyal fanbase who pay for games just to have them taken away.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
What better way to protect your investment then to piss off not only haters but your loyal fanbase who pay for games just to have them taken away.

Well then, don't have homebrew devs giving them reason to take a game out of the PS Store. Because it's the obvious thing to do when theu say "oh look there is an exploit in xyz game". Obviously they'll take it out and reupload it after it's fixed.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Well then, don't have homebrew devs giving them reason to take a game out of the PS Store. Because it's the obvious thing to do when theu say "oh look there is an exploit in xyz game". Obviously they'll take it out and reupload it after it's fixed.

Sony pay's an entire room full of people to secure their console, and the best they come up with is to drag down other devs, because their api call's arn't secure for ensuring unsigned code isn't ran on the system. People want things for free, which is always going to lead to piracy/hacking. instead of hurting legitimate developer's/consumers by removing games, they should instead be focusing on patching the parts of the system that let this happen, if people want to play online/play the latest games, then they will update. if they want to sit on a firmware just so they can play a bunch of games for free, well, it's not like they were probably going to buy the games anyway.

edit: sorry to derail from the topic at hand.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Sony pay's an entire room full of people to secure their console, and the best they come up with is to drag down other devs, because their api call's arn't secure for ensuring unsigned code isn't ran on the system. People want things for free, which is always going to lead to piracy/hacking. instead of hurting legitimate developer's/consumers by removing games, they should instead be focusing on patching the parts of the system that let this happen, if people want to play online/play the latest games, then they will update. if they want to sit on a firmware just so they can play a bunch of games for free, well, it's not like they were probably going to buy the games anyway.

edit: sorry to derail from the topic at hand.

But they did fix that themselved by patching up the FWs? And what happened? People complained there were too many FW updates. Make up your mind, PLEASE.

I see the development of a FW (or any other piece of software for that matter) the same way I view the development of a game, i.e there are bound to be "bugs" or flaws in the software because making a mistake is part of human nature. SOmetimes, no matter how hard you try and no matter how many people there are working on that piece of software, there is a high chance there will be big or smaller errors that pass Q&A. However, unlike game developers who have millions of people playing their games and pointing out their errors, FW developers have to patch them as they appear.