• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How are you guys planning your characters?

Adiuvo

I'm basically making a clone of Doctor Strange. I'm still not satisfied with the way my Skyrim character looks, but it's getting there. Naturally the character is mostly magic, though I'm using a war axe occasionally until my magic gets up to par.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I usually choose the one that allows me to use the biggest beard. From there, I have no idea. Probably a melee guy like I usually do on these types of games.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
defiantly going archer-mage myself, with a bit of focus on skills like blacksmith and enchantment(although i find enchanting is a bit hard to level up compared to blacksmithing).

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Does anyone have any good build recommendations for a Redguard? I'm looking for something that's pretty balanced between one-handing and dishing out decent magic.

Adiuvo

Ignore destruction as it's not all that powerful at higher levels. Go with heavy armor and get the steed stone so it weighs nothing, and alternate between raising health and magicka when you level up. Restoration has a perk that makes the normal healing spells also heal stamina, so you don't need to worry about it.

Regarding magic, fill out the perk tree for conjuration (except bound weapons) and restoration. These two will make you into a massive tank, and so long as you use smithing properly you'll be dealing a huge amount of damage with one-handed.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I finally started playing this. Sucks not having time nowadays.

Anyway, I think I've got my guy planned out after playing for about 15 hours. I'm going to try and max out One Handed, Heavy Armor, and Block. I'll sink some perks in Smithing and Enchanting as well. I chose a Nord and I think I'm going to use swords over maces and axes.

Is the Speech tree worth using perks on?