• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.52 M33 Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi,im having a bit of difficulty in upgrading to 3.52m33...
I have gone throguht the guide about 3 times now and its still failing at the last hurdle, I copy everything to where it is meant to be and have double checked the file sizes of 150.pbp and 352.pbp and they are right.
I run 3.52 M33 CREATOR and that runs fine and go back into the xmb, following that I run 3.52 M33UPDATE and it goes throgh the whole flashing and installing process saying OK all the way and finishes.
I press X to shutdown which works then when I switch back on again and there is nothing! The power light is on and the memory access light flashes for a second but the screen remains blank and then nothing happens for about 15 seconds then the psp shuts down.
Can someone help me I really cant figure out what is going wrong...ive tried 2 different memory stick a 1gb and a 4gb and same problem occurs.
Help! :confused1:

what firmware?

I need help upgrading my psp to 3.71 M33 from 3.51 M33.
can someone please give me instructions, files,anything that can get me to 3.71 M33.

There's a guide here: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3662

VooDooChilly

Im on firmware 1.50, I bricked it previously and used pandoras battery to recover it to 1.50, after doing some reading around various places I think that I might need to format flash1, not sure if this is the cause or not. How would I go about formattting it if it is that?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Im on firmware 1.50, I bricked it previously and used pandoras battery to recover it to 1.50, after doing some reading around various places I think that I might need to format flash1, not sure if this is the cause or not. How would I go about formattting it if it is that?

Update to custom firmware 3.52 M33, there's an option to format flash1 in recovery mode.

fungus11x3

Hi.

I joined purely to say thank you, to both the staff on this site and the devlopers. I don't have any issues, your tutorials were both clear and decisive.

Again, many thanks!

crazyadi

acerthief...
noted what you said about the menu in the 3.52 that allows you to set the umd and cpu speed etc but i am unable ti find the settings for theses!
i have gone to the xmb and have only the usual options, cant find one for the umd etc and if i press home whilst in the xmb then nothing happens!

i have just updated to 3.52 with no problems thanks to the instructions on here!! thanks goto everyone involved!!!!!!!!!

edit. dont worry i got it!! well i didnt but i have now installed the 4th update and i see it now!!!

phillypilly

3.10oe-a to 3.52M33?

It wont update, i followed all the instructions, i put 150.pbp and 352.pbp into the M33CREATOR folder which was in the game150 folder. And when i select firmware creator it loads then says....

3.52 M33 FIRMWARE CREATOR

Loading 1.50 firmware... OK
Writing 1.50 firmware...OK
Loading 3.52 firmware... SHA if 3.52 psar doesn't match expected.
Press X to exit.

I then press x and it goes back to normal psp screen, every time i try it says same thing. What am i doing wrong?

(im using firmware 3.10oe-a)

Acerthief

It wont update, i followed all the instructions, i put 150.pbp and 352.pbp into the M33CREATOR folder which was in the game150 folder. And when i select firmware creator it loads then says....

3.52 M33 FIRMWARE CREATOR

Loading 1.50 firmware... OK
Writing 1.50 firmware...OK
Loading 3.52 firmware... SHA if 3.52 psar doesn't match expected.
Press X to exit.

I then press x and it goes back to normal psp screen, every time i try it says same thing. What am i doing wrong?

(im using firmware 3.10oe-a)

It's a corrupted 352.PBP. Download a new one and try again.

phillypilly

YAY!!!

It worked!!!!!!! My other memory stick must of being a fake which i bought off the net and had the psar problem with, but then i used my brothers which he brought from a shop. (1gb) And now i have 3.52 M33
3.10oe-A to 3.52 M33
Thanks guys u rock!

mha1703

first of all i am reallly gr8 full to the admin. i have been able to install devhook 0.52 and firmware 3.11 with ur guidance just few days ago....
now can u guide me once again ....... should i instal this 3.52 m33 or is devhook with 3.11 good enough...?
if required should i delet my previous devhook files before installing this new software or not...
i will be looking forward to ur rply
thanx...

mha1703

Acerthief

I'd recommend using 3.52M33 as it has newer features and you don't have to "mimic" 3.11 all the time.

After the installation, you don't need devhook anymore. You can keep it during the 3.52M33 progress, it doesn't matter. :D

confused10

how to update from 3.51 M33 to 3.52 M33 ?
or can i just upgrade to 3.71 M33 ?
please help thanks :D
and
i face this problem when i launch the kxploitpatcher thingy
my psp said The game could not be Started .
may i know what happening /
please help!

Acerthief

1) natch, if you're on 3.51M33, you don't need the kxploitpatcher. you can't start is because your game folder is set to 3.51 kernel.

2)if you want to upgrade to 3.71M33, then you need to upgrade to 3.52M33 first, and update the 3.52M33-4 patch, then you may proceed to 3.71M33 installation.

AznSaiyan

Help i cant use this i have do step 4.

then i run the thing and i got an error

but mine 8gb mem stick is real not a fake one.

what now? what did i do wrong?

also why do you have to install 2 times?
step 5 and 6.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Help i cant use this i have do step 4.

then i run the thing and i got an error

but mine 8gb mem stick is real not a fake one.

what now? what did i do wrong?

also why do you have to install 2 times?
step 5 and 6.

Install 2 times? They're two different programs.

Make sure your GAME folder kernel is set to 3.X. You can find this setting in the Recovery Mode (hold R during bootup to access).

When i open the M33 Creator, it says the 1.50 file can't be opened. Why is this and if you can, HELP!!!

Either the file is corrupted, not named correctly, or you have a fake memory stick. Right now it can't find the 150.PBP. First I would try re-downloading it.