• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How do I play UMD Games from my memory stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

project lithium

I downloaded the PSP RunUMD UMD Emulator v0.8C
, but when I try to play ANYTHING it just says corrupted data. I have no idea how to install this crap, and I'm really frustrated with the lack of instructions with any of this stuff. Any help is appreciated.

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
*Suggests a new rule called "Any question regarding piracy = 7day ban"*

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Have to give him the benefit of the doubt, he didn't say anything about running downloaded ISOs.

I recommend checking this guide: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=4440

None of the apps you listed are required to run games from the memory stick, if you are running custom firmware.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
wha?' I swear I saw "downloaded games" or something like that in the Post. (Am I going crazy?)
Can You check if he edited his comment?

project lithium

Please do check if I "edited" my comment, because I definitely didn't say anything about downloaded games. And by the way, I did download it, but I also own a copy of it (I'll even take a picture with the game and my username/the date written on a piece of paper). The game was FF7: crisis core. Thanks though, for being dicks, some of you.

I've since figured out how to dump them myself (my lack of knowing how to do that is what caused me to download the game instead of just ripping it). I thought I could only rip it to my memory card which wasn't big enough to fit the whole game (1 gig card). Either way, I apologize to have pissed some of you off so much that you had to virtually flip me off.

Seriously though; I'm not trying to be a dick. I just had a legitimate question and was attacked for no reason.

Edit: maybe where you got confused was me saying I downloaded the runumb thing.

Edit 2: I R GUUD SPLLERE

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thread closed... no use in arguing further here.

Status
Not open for further replies.