• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using the COMPONENT CABLE on psp1000

ae86drftr

Hey guys i have been searching everywhere and i mean everywhere looking for a component cable for my psp 1000. All i have found is just for the 2000 series. Does anybody know if there is a CUSTOM cable somewhere i could buy it. If there isnt a custom one i can buy does anybody know if i cut apart the psp2000 component cable to connect to the 1000 will it work? What i mean is there any difference in the actual ram or processors in the 2000 that allow the psp to work with the component cable. And the same question applies to the headset. Any help or opinions would be much appreciated.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey guys i have been searching everywhere and i mean everywhere looking for a component cable for my psp 1000. All i have found is just for the 2000 series. Does anybody know if there is a CUSTOM cable somewhere i could buy it. If there isnt a custom one i can buy does anybody know if i cut apart the psp2000 component cable to connect to the 1000 will it work? What i mean is there any difference in the actual ram or processors in the 2000 that allow the psp to work with the component cable. And the same question applies to the headset. Any help or opinions would be much appreciated.

The 1000 series PSP doesn't have the necessary hardware to support TV-Out. As for the headset, it should work fine on both.

ae86drftr

now when you say hardware does that have anything to do with the firmware bieng used. custom or official? I would really love to play my psp on the tv. is there any way i can play it on the tv?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
now when you say hardware does that have anything to do with the firmware bieng used. custom or official? I would really love to play my psp on the tv. is there any way i can play it on the tv?

The firmware is software, so no. I'm talking about the hardware inside of the PSP. The only way you are going to be able to connect to a TV with the 1000 series is by using a accessory like this:

http://teamxtender.com/catalog/catalog.php?productID=136

^ Looking at some sites, the unit costs around $100 so definitely not worth it. It would be a better choice to just purchase a Slim.

ae86drftr

Thats not cool. well nobody has created a homebrew that will let the phat connect to a tv? i was considering buying a 2000 cable and cutting it up to plug in to the psp1000 but is it possible to connect the psp to a tv thru some type of homebrew?

Cloudy

x3sphere said:
The 1000 series PSP doesn't have the necessary hardware to support TV-Out

He's answered you more than once.

The closest you can do is connecting a PSP to a computer by usb and putting it on your monitor using remotejoy.

Cloudy

ae86drftr

I apologize cloudhunter

I suppose i should ask x3sphere to move this post to the help section seeing as how im bothering you with my constant questions. I am just trying to see if there is another way to get my psp on tv other than buying something that costs around the same price of a psp. GOOD DAY>

Chilly Willy

Contributor
You don't seem to understand - it's not a software issue, it's a HARDWARE issue. The Phat simply doesn't have the hardware for generating a TV signal. No amount of homebrew will make the Phat display a TV signal out the connector on the bottom. As mentioned, the closest you can come is RemoteJoy, which uses software to send the display data across the USB to a PC which displays the data in a window. This doesn't work very well on many things, slowing them down enough to interfere with game play/whatever.

ae86drftr

yes

Yes i know the hardware is the actual computer chip... or in other words the actual physical parts of the psp or laptop or game console. whatever it is in question. I appreciate the fact that there is someone that is not annoyed by the fact that i reply two or three times and it is not seen as "not listening" Thank you for understanding and trying to clear up the confusion.