• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

silver_surfer

@ saDdy: it's already posted below your post.

anyway download Sony's OFW 4.01 then rename the eboot to 401.pbp then get

DA's CFW 4.01 m33-2 and extract it. get the UPDATE folder then copy it to ms0:/PSP/GAME

so you should have a ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE (update folder contains eboot.pbp of CFW 4.01 m33-2)

place the 401.pbp inside the UPDATE folder now you have two files inside ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

(update folder contains eboot.pbp of CFW 4.01 m33-2 & 401.pbp)

then in the XMB execute the M33-2 update (just follow the succeeding instructions)

keyoga

when i try and install the update i get a message that says "the game could not be started, (80020148 )

can anyone tell me what thats about and what i can do to fix it?

thanks in advance

Drifta

1shotkill[M4V3RICK]
UPDATE Q

i just wanted to know whether i need to disable my custom themes before i update to 4.1 and i need too could u plz explain where i would find the disable thingo on my 3.90 mcc

P.S i am using a psp slim

cheers DRIFTA

Jermy84

Help,
After I have successfully update my firmware to 4.01M33, I cant start my game as there appear no game in the memory stick folder, i even tried upgrading to 4.01 M33-2 but there are no file seen in the folder. How to solve this problem? thanks

Jermy84

Help,
After I have successfully update my firmware to 4.01M33, I cant start my game as there appear no game in the memory stick folder, i even tried upgrading to 4.01 M33-2 but there are no file seen in the folder. How to solve this problem? thanks

Problem solved, format the memory stick will do. thx

saDdy

but can i directly upgrade from version 3.71m33 to 4.01m33? or do i need to upgrade to 3.71m33-2, 3.80m33 etc etc den can upgrade to 4.01m33?

abhockeyplaya

mega gold member
I cant get this to work, could anyone help me out?

okay, my psp has the 2.80 official firmware and i have everything you need for the 4.01 m33 custom firmware update. i have the the eboot.pbp and the 401.pbp in the update folder and the 150.pbp on the root of the memory stick, but when i try to start the update it says that the game cannot be started.:sad: what do i need to do to get it to work correctly?:confused1:
*any reply is greatly appreciated, thanks!:biggrin:

Acerthief

okay, my psp has the 2.80 official firmware and i have everything you need for the 4.01 m33 custom firmware update. i have the the eboot.pbp and the 401.pbp in the update folder and the 150.pbp on the root of the memory stick, but when i try to start the update it says that the game cannot be started.:sad: what do i need to do to get it to work correctly?:confused1:
*any reply is greatly appreciated, thanks!:biggrin:

Check the other post you posted.

cpl punishment

after help previously i could do with some more help please.... another psp phat... it has sony's 3.52 FW on it atm. what do i need to do to get to the latest 4.01 m33-2. Happy appreciated cheers

Acerthief

after help previously i could do with some more help please.... another psp phat... it has sony's 3.52 FW on it atm. what do i need to do to get to the latest 4.01 m33-2. Happy appreciated cheers

The Universal Installer (Pandora) is the only way.

heckal2

wont work

ok i did what you said but its not working. It says it cant run the thing. does it matter that its a psp slim? please help me i want the custom firmware.

jquest07

I really need help, I am totally new to this and I have software version 4.01, how do I install this software. I saw it on someone else's psp and I liked it, but I can't be too sure if I'll see them at the subway station again, but I did remember this website. Please help!

mkh

hey guys i have a problem in instlling the firmware.when ever i try to insitall it ,it says "the game could not be started(80020148 )".i copied every thing in right place.my psp is version 3.90 now nd it is not m33.this the first time i am trying custom firmware on it.any one knowes whats the prob?!

x_fox81

hey guys i have a problem in instlling the firmware.when ever i try to insitall it ,it says "the game could not be started(80020148 )".i copied every thing in right place.my psp is version 3.90 now nd it is not m33.this the first time i am trying custom firmware on it.any one knowes whats the prob?!

Hi MKH,

First of all i think you miss this at 1st page; you'll need to have a psp that's on custom firm ware(CFW).

(Here is a detailed step by step guide for installing the newly released 4.01 M33. Please note that you must be running 3.52 M33-3, or higher to begin this installation. Do note that if you're already running 3.80 M33 and have a WiFi connection, you can simply update to 3.90 M33 by selecting Network Update from the PSP XMB.)

I believe you are still on OFW. Follow this link to create a pandora batt & Magic Memory Stick (MMS) if you have any friends holding on to a custom psp so that you can change your psp from OFW to CFW. 8)

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

kapaxian

hya, my psp has been on the botton of a drawer for over a year... just updated from 3.03 OEA to 4.01 M33-2, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

jquest07

I can't find it on the downloads list

@ heckal2: you can't run it with official firmware

@ jquest07: you need pandora kit to convert your official firmware psp to custom firmware

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

I appreciate your reply, however I don't know what a pandora's kit is, I found "pandora related" but nothing actually saying it's a pandora's kit. Please help, I need to be walked through this.