• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

1.5 Kernel Add-on for 4.01 M33

Verminaard

Hello guys,

Searching this forum for the past 2 hours or so but can't find any solution to the problem I am having right now.

Just upgraded the PSP FAT to 4.01 M33 and 4.01 M33-2 consecutively and then installed the 1.50 Kernel Add on. There was no problems during any of the installations, however, now the ISO games won't run. They give me the infamous "This game could not be started (80020321)" error message, I have seen some slim users asking about this but no fat user has this question so far in the forum. I have tried both kernel's from the recovery menu (1.50 and 4.xx) result is the same, ISO's wouldn't run.
UMD games seems to run fine. And if I put "a" UMD disk in, the ISO's run....

I'll be damned...

Any suggestions???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello guys,

Searching this forum for the past 2 hours or so but can't find any solution to the problem I am having right now.

Just upgraded the PSP FAT to 4.01 M33 and 4.01 M33-2 consecutively and then installed the 1.50 Kernel Add on. There was no problems during any of the installations, however, now the ISO games won't run. They give me the infamous "This game could not be started (80020321)" error message, I have seen some slim users asking about this but no fat user has this question so far in the forum. I have tried both kernel's from the recovery menu (1.50 and 4.xx) result is the same, ISO's wouldn't run.
UMD games seems to run fine. And if I put "a" UMD disk in, the ISO's run....

I'll be damned...

Any suggestions???
Has nothing to do with the 1.5 kernel add-on. I assume that the ISO driver settings on your PSP were changed somehow. You should try pressing select while in the XMB and change UMD ISO Mode to Sony NP9660.

sigmax

first my psp is fat i've install 4.01 M33-2 and 1.5 Kernel Add-on but now the 95% of my homebrew show this error (8002014C) on 3.71 M33-3 i didn't have this problem so what can i do to sove it?. or who can i go back to my old firmware version from 4.01 M33-2?

skater0284

I am having the same problems on my phat 4.01 m33-2. already added the 1.5 add-on. I can run my isos from xmb but nothing else (homebrew) seems to work. not even irshell. I've tried going into recovery and changing to 1.5 also and still nothing! I've tried placing the files in psp/game; psp/game150, and psp/game340. Should there be a psp/game401 folder? anything would help.

icpindy

I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS , WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS AFTER YOU UPDATE TO 4.01 SAVE ALL YOU SAVES TO YOUR DESKTOP IN A FOLDER THEN REFORMAT YOU MEMORY STICK IN YOUR PSP, THEN GO AND ADD THE NEW 1.50 KERNAL . THEN PUT YOUR EMULATORS BACK ON WITH YOUR ROMS AND PUT YOUR SAVES BACK AND ALL WILL WORK

Verminaard

Has nothing to do with the 1.5 kernel add-on. I assume that the ISO driver settings on your PSP were changed somehow. You should try pressing select while in the XMB and change UMD ISO Mode to Sony NP9660.

Yep this resolved the problem. Thanx for the info.

lufox

Cannot decrypt updater prx.

Hi, I am with a problem. My CFW is the version 4.01 M33-2. When I score install addon Kernel 1.50 appears this message "Cannot decrypt updater prx." The file 150.PBP is in the root of memory stick. Please I need your help!

terryterryd

Essential for Portable Meditation Engine

I use this app to help me chill. Thanx a *BIG* bundle for 1.50 kernel.

Is there anyway to patch 1.50 only homebrew so it works on later firmwares without the kernel add-on?

I am fearing we won't be getting the 1.50 kernels for much longer...:crying:

cannibal20

Curious if this is the order of install....

so i used the universal debricker blah blah to restore my psp to CFW 3.90M33-3
its phat as well, just so u know.
it was originally cfw 3.30 if that even matters.
i just bought it this way.
i also bought the dbricker and memory stick. *im used to doing these kinds of things, just too lazy to make the battery between work and my girlfriend...*

so now that it's CFW 3.90M33-3 is this the order i go about..
i need install 4.01 m33 and then 4.01 m33-2 then 1.50 kernel addon.
or do you 4.01 m33 then 1.50 kernel addon, then 4.01 m33-2
or does this order make a difference even???? either way, it would be nice to just get this answered. usually i wuld just read the forum for hours. but i decided to make an account and participate:blushing:

btw i want to use nes, and if i read correct then i need the 1.50 addon...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I use this app to help me chill. Thanx a *BIG* bundle for 1.50 kernel.

Is there anyway to patch 1.50 only homebrew so it works on later firmwares without the kernel add-on?

I am fearing we won't be getting the 1.50 kernels for much longer...:crying:

No. Homebrew written for 1.5 that does not work under the 3/4.X kernel usually needs to be recompiled.

so i used the universal debricker blah blah to restore my psp to CFW 3.90M33-3
its phat as well, just so u know.
it was originally cfw 3.30 if that even matters.
i just bought it this way.
i also bought the dbricker and memory stick. *im used to doing these kinds of things, just too lazy to make the battery between work and my girlfriend...*

so now that it's CFW 3.90M33-3 is this the order i go about..
i need install 4.01 m33 and then 4.01 m33-2 then 1.50 kernel addon.
or do you 4.01 m33 then 1.50 kernel addon, then 4.01 m33-2
or does this order make a difference even???? either way, it would be nice to just get this answered. usually i wuld just read the forum for hours. but i decided to make an account and participate:blushing:

btw i want to use nes, and if i read correct then i need the 1.50 addon...

NES emulator works without the 1.5 add-on, just need to make sure you download the correct version.

Go here for an emulator list: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6854

Anyway if you want to install the 1.5 add-on, you'll need to first upgrade to 4.01 M33. Doesn't matter if you install it before upgrading to 4.01 M33-2 either.

[]dre

Hi, I am with a problem. My CFW is the version 4.01 M33-2. When I score install addon Kernel 1.50 appears this message "Cannot decrypt updater prx." The file 150.PBP is in the root of memory stick. Please I need your help!

I'm with the same problem. Could someone help us?

Thanks

lantisearth

well, hi

if i got it right, the 1.50 addon will maintain my 4.01 m33-2 firm and add 1.50 homebrew "playability"?

just checking before i do something stupid...

Acerthief

well, hi

if i got it right, the 1.50 addon will maintain my 4.01 m33-2 firm and add 1.50 homebrew "playability"?

just checking before i do something stupid...

you can use more (older but fun) homebrew.
Though I suggest using eLoader for 1.5Kernel games because this patch gets buggy sometimes...

Cursed__Seal

Same Problem

Yeah ave got the same problem its been bugging me 4 ages! ave been dying 2 play sum of my hombrew games but cant because the addon won't install :confused1: its not the 150.PBP ave downloaded and tried multiple files of it same with the kernel addon!!
i thought maybe the psp-packer could help :confused1: but i don't know where 2 install it or what 2 do with it rely :confused1: i downloaded the cyg1.dll & cygz.dll that supposedly make it work :confused1: i could be in the complete wrong direction here like but please help me some how!!!!!! :crying:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah ave got the same problem its been bugging me 4 ages! ave been dying 2 play sum of my hombrew games but cant because the addon won't install :confused1: its not the 150.PBP ave downloaded and tried multiple files of it same with the kernel addon!!
i thought maybe the psp-packer could help :confused1: but i don't know where 2 install it or what 2 do with it rely :confused1: i downloaded the cyg1.dll & cygz.dll that supposedly make it work :confused1: i could be in the complete wrong direction here like but please help me some how!!!!!! :crying:

Try restore default settings and format your memory stick (of course backup all data before doing so). This error can also be caused by a faulty or fake memory stick.

Cursed__Seal

OMG

Ave been trying to get ma head round this 4 days and all i had 2 do was something as simple as that.....
...makes me feel like a rite tit!!! :laugh:

cheers 4 that 1 dude!! 8)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
is there any problem with this on m33-2?

No. 4.01 M33-2 is just a minor update, it doesn't affect compatibility with the add-on.