• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Anyone using a 16gb Sony Mark 2 Memory Stick?

Nephilim

I am close to getting one of these as the Sandisk Ultra II 16gb is $170 compared to the Sony at $100.

I am on a FAT with 5.00 m33-3 and NO fatmsmod.prx (do not want to mess with that)

I plan to fill the card with full ISO's, no CSO or compressed.

I have heard that the Sandisk load faster but what I really want to know is will there be LAG in the games from the Sony stick if full of ISO's.

I am do not have 1.5 kernel and am not running any homebrew except UMDumper, which needs to work on this stick as well.

Or should I just get a couple of 8gb Sandisk Ultra II sticks for about $120?

Any input much appreciated.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I am close to getting one of these as the Sandisk Ultra II 16gb is $170 compared to the Sony at $100.

I am on a FAT with 5.00 m33-3 and NO fatmsmod.prx (do not want to mess with that)

I have heard that the Sandisk load faster but what I really want to know is will there be LAG in the games from the Sony stick if full of ISO's.

I am do not have 1.5 kernel and am not running any homebrew except UMDumper, which needs to work on this stick as well.

There should not be any lag with the Sony stick. SanDisk are generally faster but there's not that big of a difference. The only brands you need to watch out for are lesser known ones, like Lexar. Those will have problems running ISOs and even some plugins.

Forger

I have the sony 16 gig mark2, it certainly feels faster than the 4 gig ultra ii it replaced

Nookadum

Since the Sony MSPDs are Mark2s now, they match the speed and reliabilities of the SanDisk MSPD Ultra IIs, but I'm not so sure about the Ultra IIIs.

Simulacrum

I'm running a MarkII Sony 16gb and it feels ok with me. Ive used many and have noticed one thing with some memory cards. Some Sony's Memory cards are made in either Korea or Japan. And upon feeling both of them it feels the Japan Made ones are a bit thicker and denser. Now for quality Im not sure becuase both have been fine for me.

I just dont buy the red Sony MSPD, im sure they are made in China and seen some open up in the past. Lexar has been good for me and they are either made in Korea or Japan, mostly from the former and they are fine as to the 4gb and 8gb.

As to speed of each im not sure. Im not to anal on speed as it seems to be insignificant with me as they all load vast cso and iso.

3rdeyeblind

Get the Sony its cheaper and the lagg in it will be basically undetectable like its so minute its best not to worry about it i have 16 gb sony and it works great, not like your getting a lexer or something, and plus with the release of 5.00 m33-6 you can make it go faster with the new mem stick speed feature so yea sony would work :D