• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

psp internet secruity

Alex

hey yall
lol

i have a wireless modem that is wpa2 secruity protected, now as you know the psp doenst support this, is there any shell or homebrew that does.

btw i want do change it to wpa2 to wpa as i will have to change all the computewrs in the house all over which is an effort
lol

J

jx233

I suggest waiting for a PSP firmware update. Thats pretty much the easy way to solve your problem.

Alex

yeah i thought that when writing the post, i thought that they would of implented it in 5.00, guess i have to wait for the 6XX updates....

J

jx233

alex_e said:
yeah i thought that when writing the post, i thought that they would of implented it in 5.00, guess i have to wait for the 6XX updates....

Judging by the nature of s0nY, I think that feature might come in the 7.XX firmwares. :laugh:

Alex

Judging by the nature of s0nY, I think that feature might come in the 7.XX firmwares. :laugh:

:w00t:

HAHAHA!!!

lool

instead of it they prolly release something usless like go messenger or something
lol

J

jx233

alex_e said:
:w00t:

HAHAHA!!!

lool

instead of it they prolly release something usless like go messenger or something
lol

I know. LOL. (^_^)

I'm thinking all that they might release is: "Compatibilty with PlayStation Network Titles has been expanded." So I am not even motivated to update my PSP, that's why I am still at Version 3.52 M33-4.

Alex

I know. LOL. (^_^)

I'm thinking all that they might release is: "Compatibilty with PlayStation Network Titles has been expanded." So I am not even motivated to update my PSP, that's why I am still at Version 3.52 M33-4.

omg that update is sooooooooooo common!

when they say that its prolly another secruity atch aswell
sony are useless when it comes to software, hardware is bloody great but the hardware is a real let down.....

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
omg that update is sooooooooooo common!

when they say that its prolly another secruity atch aswell
sony are useless when it comes to software, hardware is bloody great but the hardware is a real let down.....

i think you mean software?

yeah it is a real let down..

the security too... real let down.. ;)

Alex

i think you mean software?

yeah it is a real let down..

the security too... real let down.. ;)

and yes i mean software lol

and what do you mean the secruity!!!!!!

i love sony having terrible sceruity otherwise i wouldnt be running ir shell, wich is absolutley great with the remote learning thing

i caused havock at skl with that messing up the interactive boards!

J

jx233

alex_e said:

Well, if s0nY is bad with the software, we have Dark_Alex to improve that for us by making PSP custom firmware.

Alex

WOOOOO
lol

remember when we were talking and i was talking about a location free player remover, do you think i should put it up, i made in a about an hour lol

it just releases it but i have ihigh hopes for it to do more in the future, buti need to learn how to write!!!!
:mad:

J

jx233

alex_e said:
WOOOOO
lol

remember when we were talking and i was talking about a location free player remover, do you think i should put it up, i made in a about an hour lol

it just releases it but i have ihigh hopes for it to do more in the future, buti need to learn how to write!!!!
:mad:

What firmware Version is it for?

Alex

well it works on m33-6, in the makefile i put it as 500, im just doing a few tweaks. all it does it remove it atm

J

jx233

alex_e said:
well it works on m33-6, in the makefile i put it as 500, im just doing a few tweaks. all it does it remove it atm

I can't really test this. (Sorry!) I am on Version 3.52 M33-4, and on that Version, the Location Free has already been removed by Dark_Alex.

Also, if you don't want to semi-brick your PSP, you can always test this app in TimeMachine 5.00 M33 (DC8 "Test M33" mode).

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
i meant security in a sarcastic sense..

theyve beefed up the security the so much (in the TA-088v3 and TA-090v2) that its bad!!!.. lol

deckman98

Trained Professional
so i think the points of this is

a) sony are crap

b)just wait for a firmware update