• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Modern Warfare 2 Dated, Hits November 10

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
cod_mw_2_logo_no_cod.jpg

Activision made the next Call of Duty official today, announcing a November 10 deploy date for Modern Warfare 2. As expected, Infinity Ward is handling development duties on the follow-up to 2007 hit Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. No details beyond that were provided, but here is a choice quote from IW CEO Vince Zampella:[blockquote2]“Everyone on the team is laser focused on making the most gripping experience we’ve ever created,” said Infinity Ward’s CEO, Vince Zampella. “No detail is too small and every finishing touch imaginable is underway to make Modern Warfare 2 our best ever. We can’t wait for our fans around the world to play starting November 10th.[/blockquote2]To be clear, the Call of Duty brand is apparently not being associated with this title at all. Activision has decided to simply name it Modern Warfare 2. What is the reasoning behind this, you ask? Our guess is as good as yours. Interesting decision though.

Look past the jump for a hollywood-like teaser trailer of the game.

[video]Siberia_Online_ESRB_FINAL.flv[/video]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I remember Infinity Ward being a little tiffed that Treyarch was riding off the success of CoD 4 with World at War. So now Infinity Ward is in control of its own franchise, while Treyarch can continue the CoD brand. That's why I think the name change was done, anyway.

Definitely looking forward to the multiplayer in this game.

Leecher

Oh absolutely. You know, COD4 really brought all of my online friends together, and we were all into it. But now that Call of Duty: World at War was released, it was a bit of a disappointment compared to Modern Warfare. I guess we can just wait, but I'm looking forward to some trailers and gameplay videos soon.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:

Do you think the multiplayer in this game will be better than that of Halo 3?

And concerning Halo 3, there is an expansion coming soon, so maybe you could do a News article about it if you wanted to.

PR0fessor Burnt

Do you think the multiplayer in this game will be better than that of Halo 3?

And concerning Halo 3, there is an expansion coming soon, so maybe you could do a News article about it if you wanted to.

u mean odst?

is it an expansion or a whole new game?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
very interesting that they dropped the CoD title...I could see sales take a hit from that decision

CoD4 is definately my favourite of the series
pity the online doesn't work with windows 7

angelsniper45

Man the multiplayer is gunna pwn on this one. COD4 multiplayer will never get old.

Leecher

Man the multiplayer is gunna pwn on this one. COD4 multiplayer will never get old.

Agreed. The mulitplayer was very entertaining. Not to mention it was the best Call of Duty so far in my opinion. I just wish the little teaser video revealed much more, because I have no clue what to think of it. November 10th? Oh boy, looks like I will be stuck with World At War for some time now.