• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gay rights, your view?

JEMdev

truthfully anatomically speaking it isn't natural

but in practice all kinds of animals are gay (actually bisexual would be a better word)

if there is a god, i assume he would be like a bad forum moderater

popping in only when not needed, locking interesting discussions, and banning people to hell just cuz he can.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Joey said:
Wow, I didn't know you were a moron.

More than 50% of marriges end in divorce, and there are millions of widows and widowers out there...

And that's not even counting kids who have abusive parents, or don't even have any.

Being gay isn't natural? Bullsh*t, being gay just isn't accepted because bullsh*t religions have brainwashed people into thinking it's not natural.

The only somewhat legitimate argument I hear about why homosexuality isn't natural is that only a male and female can procreate... So what? Why does everything come down to reproduction? We have six and a half billion fucking people on this earth. If there is a God, and he is infallible, don't you think he would see that coming? The planet is over populated, and millions of children live life with out parental leadership. Are you saying you would rather see those kids grow up parentless, than with two males parents (or two females)? Isn't it just too perfect to be a coincidence? Here we have millions of gay couples, couples that can't reproduce, and we have millions of kids who, for one reason or another, have no parents.

If there is a God, and he truly rejects homosexuality, then he absolutely sucks at his job. This is not the kind of work one would expect from a supreme being.

At the end of the day, everything you read and base your beliefs on are words written by extremely selfish and fallible men. If there is a God, surely he created homosexuality, and did it for a reason, or there is no God, and sexual preference is just something we don't understand. I personally don't believe it's as black and white as "Gay" and "Straight"...

If God does exist, then allowed homosexuality to exist, and if he allowed it strictly to be something to be ridiculed, then he is a horrible God, and probably wouldn't be able to keep a job a McDonalds.

In my opinion, if i were an orphan id rather be adopted by a mother and father.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Nero said:
In my opinion, if i were an orphan id rather be adopted by a mother and father.

Why? You've done nothing to backup any of your statements except hide behind your Bible and say "I agree." :rolleyes:

madsoul

people who are attracted to the same sex should have exactly the same rights as anyone els. however, i cant really understand how homosexuals would want to get married in the name of god when he clearly hates homosexuals. religion has, as joey put it, brainwashed humans forever into setting up absurd rules.

and Nero... wow...

homosexuality IS natural for many people. people who compare homosexuality with pedofiles should be shoot.

Slasher

Suck It
Joey said:
If you're an orphan, you have no fucking options.
That's irrelevant

That's his opinion. He would rather have a traditional couple adopt him.

Dan

Contributor
Gays - I have no problem at all. If you love somebody, duit. rite?

Abortion - I'm a Buddhist, and i hate people killing or being killed. It's just not was intended. I'm totally against abortion too. Even if the unborn baby had deformities, it should still have a right to live.

Slasher

Suck It
But it's not a "person" or a "baby". It's more or less a fetus, unable to continue growth without its mother's body. I'm against killing and/or murder, and I don't believe this to be the case.

So long as the abortion is done in the early stages of pregnancy (1st trimester), it doesn't even resemble a human being and I believe should be acceptable.

If abortions are disallowed, women will continue doing it by their own unsafe means. It won't be nearly as frequent, but it would still be happening quite often. Be it coat hangers, turkey basters, and even pellet guns. I think the option of abortion should be available to prevent these unsafe practices from occuring.

~

As for gay rights, I don't really care since it doesn't affect me. If you're truly in love with someone of the same sex, then go ahead and do whatever you want - including marriage. Equality is essential, so if they want to get married, then fine. I don't agree with the overly open gay people that you see running around in the movies and on TV (the Toronto gay parade is just creepy) though. Type "Toronto gay pride parade" into google and you'll see what I mean. That sort of thing is strictly for attention.

Dan

Contributor
The case that i think was totally out of order was the Joanna Jepson Case.

If you at least have to abort, it may as well be done as soon as possible.
28 Weeks? Wow, what a *****.

James.

User Not Found
Everybody should do what ever the fuck they want.
Unless it breaks the law (In a democratic country).

mannymix03

I have no problem with gay marriage, some of my best college buddies are gay and they are no different, they love their partners just as i love my girlfriend. Seriously what does it matter if its girl-girl, girl-guy, guy-guy, love is love and government has NO business regulating it

Bossmanuk

Contributor
I completely agree with Serideth on this point. I really hate it when religion decides to dictate what people can and cannot do, when it doesn't effect yourself.

How do you think islamic homosexuals must feel? Don't tell me there aren't any, they are just hiding from society because society wouldn't accept it. People talk about how there are more gays now than before. There aren't, its just more socially acceptable and therefore more people come out.

I really can't see any justification in those against homosexuality. If somone is gay, let them be gay. How does it effect anyone else? And if you have guessed, I am a pro-choice person, whether it be homosexuality, abortion etc. Of course there are limits to our choices, but most of the time: let people shag who the hell they want (*with consent of course).

FreePlay

Nero said:
Homosexuality is not natural.
This is false.
Nero said:
Homosexuals would claim that they were born that way, it is genetic, but it has been disproved by scientists that it could occur.
This is false.
Nero said:
People will always find a justification for something that they will find enjoyable
This is wrong how?
Nero said:
studies have shown that children of homosexuals are no more likely to be homosexual than any other children.
This is false.
Nero said:
Same sex marriage doesn't do any good too, various sorts of health issues and diseases could happen.
Happens in straight marriage, too.
Nero said:
If you love another man it would be best to just stay as friends.
Except that then you get no legal rights.
Nero said:
Yeah seriously, how would it feel to have two dads? You just don't get that same love and affection that a mother would give.
And you know this... how?
JEMdev said:
truthfully anatomically speaking it isn't natural
Sure, it is. Penis fits in anus. Male or female. Anatomically it works just fine.
JEMdev said:
but in practice all kinds of animals are gay (actually bisexual would be a better word)
More appropriately, they have no sexual preference. This is a thing humans have invented.

Serideth

Right from now on I'm renaming this thread to Gay rights, a separate thread for abortion can be made, no idea why the OP put two major issues that have no relation to each other into one thread.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Joey said:
No, Freeplay is the taste-maker...
no, he's the freshmaker, no.... wait... thats mentos.

.A.J.

I am for gay rights, including the right to marry. There is no reasonable excuse for treating homosexuals as second class individuals.

People are born gay. One of my friends was gay when I met him in elementary school. He didn't admit it until high school but everyone else knew he was different. Even in elementary school, most of the males in our classes wouldn't even talk to him because of this. They feared the difference even though they were too young to understand it. It never bothered me. He was a nice kid that happened to be different. No big deal.

_Syn

Sullivan said:
Hes the baby shaker.

Amen to that.

I don't really see why people are making such a big deal about being a homosexual. I for one, aren't and never going to be a homosexual, but I still disagree with the fact that there are so many restrictions on such a decision. They are human, just like all of us and they shouldn't be treated any other way.