• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Home

twelve

I'm not dead
Isn't home supposed to be intergrated to the XMB? Anyway, I wouldn't give a damn about the xbots, they probably ripped it from Steam in the first place.
No thank god. You have to launch Home from the XMB.

If home was integrated into the XMB then I'd sell my PS3. It's so fucking slow to do even the smallest thing.

Colm

Oh right. Either way, the steamlike functions, if they were to ever happen, would have to be XMB-based.

Sullivan

What happens in 8 days? Does home come out? Sorry I haven't been active in this thread cause I have lost a lot of hope with Home.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
The only thing that on official has said is that it's to be released before 2009. It's been reported to be released next week though (mentioned earlier in this thread).

twelve

I'm not dead
The only thing that on official has said is that it's to be released before 2009. It's been reported to be released next week though (mentioned earlier in this thread).
Given that it's 2009 in just over 3 weeks and I'm 99% certain that Sony won't be releasing anything over the xmas to new year period, the report of Home coming out next week must be accurate.

Hardrive

Contributor
What's funny is I still doubt that I will turn on my PS3. Which is really a shame. I was hoping that the PS3 would grow much larger than it has so far. The PSP certainly did. Maybe Home will spur the PS3 into non-sucking territory.

twelve

I'm not dead
What's funny is I still doubt that I will turn on my PS3. Which is really a shame. I was hoping that the PS3 would grow much larger than it has so far. The PSP certainly did. Maybe Home will spur the PS3 into non-sucking territory.
If you think the PS3 sucks without Home then you might as well sell it.

The games are what make the PS3 not suck. Home is the biggest waste of hard drive space so far. Unless Sony manage to make it not be crap between the 1.0 build and the open beta then it's going to disapoint a lot of people.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
It reserves 3GB of space specifically for that purpose so yes it's mandatory.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I don't want that crap taking up space on my system when I don't want to use it.
Don't download it. Maybe I misunderstood your question. I thought you were talking about having Home but not installing certain parts.

Hardrive

Contributor
If you think the PS3 sucks without Home then you might as well sell it.

The games are what make the PS3 not suck. Home is the biggest waste of hard drive space so far. Unless Sony manage to make it not be crap between the 1.0 build and the open beta then it's going to disapoint a lot of people.

I don't think the PS3 sucks, I just think that it could become a much better platform than it is right now. It should be a lot bigger than it is now, and I think that a lot of it has to do with the high price point and Sony slowly releasing half-assed updates.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I was asking if any part of Home was mandatory.

Is it or not?
I realized and was editing my post above. ;)

As far as I know it's going to be extra; much like folding@home/Life with Playstation.

Mister Chief

Good.

I'll still download it all to at least check it out.

But if I really don't like it I want to be able to choose to not have it.

Sullivan

I am really hating how people were heavily criticizing Sony for all the delays,
and now are criticizing on how bad it is, its free, get over it.

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't think the PS3 sucks, I just think that it could become a much better platform than it is right now. It should be a lot bigger than it is now, and I think that a lot of it has to do with the high price point and Sony slowly releasing half-assed updates.
"Maybe Home will spur the PS3 into non-sucking territory."
Suggests to me that you think the PS3 sucks.

It plays games on and offline, allows you to download demos trailers and games, has a list of people you can play against online, supports custom music in games. Having a bluray player is a nice bonus. What more do you want?

The biggest problem with the PS3 becoming popular is the state of the economy. People can't afford to buy one and Sony can't afford to lower the price.

I am really hating how people were heavily criticizing Sony for all the delays,
and now are criticizing on how bad it is, its free, get over it.
All it shows is there was no reason for the delays. Hence the criticism.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Twelve - I think the problem right now is the lack of some AAA titles. Yes it has MGS4 and LBP now (with Resistence 2, Killzone 2 coming) but I think the system really needs FFXIII sooner than later. Right now for the price it is at, as a gaming console alone, it's not good enough. However I must say it's a steal of a deal if you are looking for a bluray player and a game console - in which it succeeds at that. I'm still a fan of the 360 (the achievements on it (PS3 has trophies..but an obvious copy of achievements ;) ) and a lot of my friends own one too - PS3 is too expensive right now for the same to be true with it).