• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

user friendly

The new videos are awesome. Can't wait to see the TV spots. Sony better fucking push this game on prime time if they want it to do well.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I hope I'm done with my R2 addiction by the time this releases. I think the level up system in Killzone 2 will sink it's meat hooks in me just like R2 has.

Joey

CES 09: Ballet of Death Direct-Feed
[gt]44317[/gt]

Worth a look at the HD equivalent.
I can't believe I'm able to say this about a console game, but Killzone 2 has better animation and lighting than Crysis...

Guerrilla has done some incredible shit here.

Slasher

Suck It
That video just gave me the tingles. I'm totally pumped, it's going to be great

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I would pre-order it but I want to see how the controls are in the demo.

They're great. I was in the beta during November, and it handles well.

That video just gave me the tingles. I'm totally pumped, it's going to be great

I only played the multiplayer, but if even that was a standalone game, I would still be extremely happy to play it, it's so good.

Sinfulfate

Mirrors Edge reinvented FPS's. Its quite easy.

Now that i think of it, reinvent was the wrong word to use. But what i meant was making it more then what every FPS is. One thing that hasn't been implemented into FPS's is injuries. It should be so that if your shot in the arm and its not fatal, your character has to on the fly, make a new animation for how he holds the gun. Obviously in real life, if your shot in your shoulder you cant continue to hold a gun that way. So if they added bits of realism like that, it would be great.

Another thing is, Killzone is kinda "reinventing" FPS's. Its adding silky smooth animations that haven't been done before and effects/graphics that haven't either. So its a huge leap ahead of other games, in terms of realism and immersion.
Mirrors Edge isn't a FPS.

I don't see the appeal with killzone 2. I'll definitely give it a try when they release a demo but the multiplayer looks inferior(gameplay/features wise not the graphics) to Resistance 2's and I have no interest at all in the single player since it has no co-op and I didn't play Killzone 1 or the PSP one.

Its sad how this game will probably sell 3x as many copies as Resistance 2 did in its first month based solely on hype and how good the graphics are.

user friendly

It's simply a good game (at least the MP is). It may not be as extensive as R2's but Insomniac went a completely different direction with the experience. The leveling system in KZ2's MP is well done and let's you match yourself with a more personal role. I loved calling in air support and tossing spawn points as the tactician and being the saboteur and calling out enemy locations was a blast because the other team had no idea I was an opponent. It's a great experience and I can only hope the SP campaign can match it as far as enjoyability.

Megaupload - IGN Killzone 2: Final Build Advance Screening WMV HD

2lto5fp.jpg

10rjpz5.gif

r05qg6.gif

2vjwxdy.gif

user friendly

Still never went 1v1, did we?

I'll have it sometime soon after it releases... hopefully. I still demand that rematch... It was crazy fun when I played on opposite sides with you :laugh:
I know, don't worry the time will come :). I'm waiting a few more weeks before I pre order it to see if a CE is announced but I will have it on day one.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
The original Killzone was one of the most boring games I ever rented. but those gifs look nice enough that i want to play this one.

user friendly

Got my demo code today :)

Just gotta remember to cancel the pre order, fuck ebgames. I'll be going to Walmart at midnight.