• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

ifiwere1337

Seth

MD Party Room
OK umm..

Step 1: Extract the files from the zip install.
Step 2: Load VCdControlTool
Step 3: Click Driver Control and Install Driver
Step 4: Find VCdRom.sys and then Click Ok.
Step 5: Click Mount anf find your .iso
Step 6: Go to My Computer and find Z drive
Step 7: Enjoy..

eldiablov

Contributor
I really wouldnt suggest using that. Its far from perfect. Took me a few minutes to actually get it to work, it was annoying as hell. Plus sometimes if you add a drive and close the program it wont detect it again and it just sort of gets left there.

ifiwere1337

OK umm..

Step 1: Extract the files from the zip install.
Step 2: Load VCdControlTool
Step 3: Click Driver Control and Install Driver
Step 4: Find VCdRom.sys and then Click Ok.
Step 5: Click Mount anf find your .iso
Step 6: Go to My Computer and find Z drive
Step 7: Enjoy..

....exactly what i did. program hangs until shutdown when i click mount and select file to mount

its a 6gig iso, would size have anything to do with it?

Seth

MD Party Room
Dont know...Can you just burn it to a dl dvd? I only used it with a 50mb linux iso..

Seth

MD Party Room
I used VirtualCloneDrive on vista it great...But it failed to work for me on windows 7....and Poweriso isent free..

EvilSeph

Administrator
I used VirtualCloneDrive on vista it great...But it failed to work for me on windows 7....and Poweriso isent free..

Really? Weird, works for me. What version of Windows 7? PowerISO has a limit but, naturally, if your image is under that limit you can use it for free. UltraISO works too.

SDTP does not work, though. It conflicts with Windows 7's drivers. I'd also advise against installing Alcohol on any system unless you KNOW it will work otherwise you're likely to find yourself having to deal with a BSOD loop which isn't fun and isn't easy to recover from.

Serideth

Was talking to Phil about this and I think I'm going to try it.

My computer needs a format anyway so I'll download it tonight and see how it goes.

Moose

Meta Moose
I downloaded the beta from W-BB, and one of the RAR files were corrupt... I was pissed off big time. :p

Seth

MD Party Room
Really? Weird, works for me. What version of Windows 7? PowerISO has a limit but, naturally, if your image is under that limit you can use it for free. UltraISO works too.

SDTP does not work, though. It conflicts with Windows 7's drivers. I'd also advise against installing Alcohol on any system unless you KNOW it will work otherwise you're likely to find yourself having to deal with a BSOD loop which isn't fun and isn't easy to recover from.
I think it fucked up my windows 7 install... After I installed it and restarted it. Explorer crashed alot,Itunes and some other programs whouldent load and windows kept restarting...Must have really fucked wit the drivers or reg or something...Had to do a system restore.

Build 7000 beta 1

ifiwere1337

I think it fucked up my windows 7 install... After I installed it and restarted it. Explorer crashed alot,Itunes and some other programs whouldent load and windows kept restarting...Must have really fucked wit the drivers or reg or something...Had to do a system restore.

Build 7000 beta 1

thats funny, same thing happened, cept i cant even run windows install, i am gonna have to get the disc back form my friend