• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Resident Evil 5

Noriyuke

Haven't played the demo yet but isn't this whole game about finding the origins of Umbrella?

Im gonna have to replay the parts of the series i missed...

Noriyuke

Well, from the video you posted, there isn't much of a difference, in certain parts the PS3 looks a tad bit sharper, cinematic-ally speaking, but that's not 100% accurate tho, mainly because its a flippin video.

Noriyuke

Short of buying both consoles and both copies of the game how else are we supposed to see the difference? :S

Well there are some that are crazy, stupid, and rich enough to do something like that. But when it comes to these comparisons, especially the video one, if there's not much difference, i know there's going to some kind of fanatic trying to get all nitty gritty about it, but i like the saying "The world may never know." When it comes to these things, just leave em be.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Timed Exclusive: Resident Evil 5 Demo Premiers On 360 January 26th

Xbox 360 owners will be getting an early taste of Capcom's Resident Evil 5 come January 26th, when a one-week timed exclusive demo hits Xbox Live.

The demo, much like the one released late last year in Japan, features two levels from the full game, Assembly Place and Shanty Town, allowing 360 owners to play either alone or with a friend via two-player co-op. In addition to the demo, Capcom is also releasing the high-definition trailer from the 2008 Tokyo Game Show on Xbox Live January 16th.

The press release reads that the demo is "available exclusively on Xbox 360 for one week beginning Monday, January 26", which I assume means the PlayStation 3 will be getting the demo a week later. It's an odd sort of phrasing - normally they would just announce the demo coming out and give two separate dates. Still, I suppose PS3 fans have waited this long, another week won't kill them.

"Resident Evil 5" Demo Premiers Exclusively on Xbox 360 Starting January 26

Xbox 360 gamers worldwide won’t have to wait until March 13, 2009 to get their hands on the highly-anticipated “Resident Evil 5.” The next installment of the landmark survival horror franchise from Capcom will take action to a new level with a two-level, playable demo available exclusively on Xbox 360 for one week beginning Monday, January 26. In the demo, players will have a first glimpse of the fear they will never forget, as “Resident Evil 5” makes daylight just as terrifying as darkness. Additionally, a new exclusive high-definition trailer of the game, shown only at the past Tokyo Game Show in October of 2008, will be made available for download on the Xbox LIVE service on Friday, Jan. 16.

Fans will have the opportunity to experience “Resident Evil 5’s” revolutionary new features early, including two-player co-op with voice chat along with new characters, weapons and environments. The demo is set within two stages from the beginning of the game – Assembly Place and Shanty Town — featuring plenty of co-operative action, shooting, hordes of bloodthirsty infected Majini enemies and a few puzzles to round out the action. The demo has three levels of co-op play: single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single Xbox 360 and two-player across Xbox LIVE.

Xbox 360 gamers will also be first to take on the new enemies in battle, including an army of weapon-wielding infected Majini, the gigantic hooded Majini Executioner and even the dreaded Chainsaw Majini. Players can also choose between the classic “Resident Evil”-style controls or switch to the newer “Action” controls inspired by games like “Gears of War 2” and “Halo 3.”

In this hotly anticipated new title coming on March 13, Chris Redfield returns as the “Resident Evil” hero and heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. Joining forces with a new partner, Sheva Alomar, the two must work together to discover the truth behind this evil plot. Utilizing the new co-op mode, players will be able to assume control of either Chris or Sheva and experience “Resident Evil” in new ways.

For more details, please visit: Xbox.com | Resident Evil 5 - Game Detail Page or http://www.residentevil.com.

I'm not sure if I'll try the demo out or just wait for the full release, probably the latter.

Our article as well - Resident Evil 5 Demo Hits Xbox 360 January 26 - M for Mature - Video Gaming and Consumer Electronics - News, Reviews, Editorials, and Community Discussion

user friendly

Hopefully at least they will finally put it up on the JPN PSN. This whole timed exclusivity makes me think that's why it wasn't when it went up on the JPN marketplace.

Can't wait to play it though :)

Robby

Los Doyers!
I was able to play both levels of the demo when it first came out on the JPN marketplace and I must say I was impressed. The graphics were awesome and I haven't played a resident evil game in a while so it took some getting use to the controls/menu.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It's fun and looks great. How do you beat the chainsaw guy on Shanty Town? I run out of ammo....and then health....then he decapitates me.

Mister Chief

There are four barrels....

And you can shoot the pylon thing as many times as you want. And also make sure to melee him when he goes down on his knees.

Co-op makes it much easier although I have beaten both bosses by myself. I would help you but I'm still trying to fix my router.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think I took out some barrels prior to him making an appearance, in fact, I'm pretty sure I did.

Get your router squared away. I couldn't beat the first ax-wielding guy on the first level either. I just ran around on top of the roofs until the chopper showed up.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'll agree to a certain extent, but I still had a lot of fun playing it. If they just added the ability to slooooowly walk when you are zoomed in shooting, it would make for a more enjoyable experience.

It also looked really good and the reaction shots when people got shot were enjoyable. Like winging someone in the shoulder or knee or face, etc.

Also, if those were the first two levels, there better be 60 levels behind them, because it was relatively short.