• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your internet speed

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
My speed test results are,
Downloadspeed:1.787Mbps
Uploadspeed:0.837Mbps
I performed my internet speed test here Scanmyspeed.com.
Is this good or not?

Depends on where you are from. However I'd say for the majority of the world that speed is extremely "slow" compared to the average. I believe the US average is still around 5Mbps - an ample amount for downloading and streaming but at 1.787MBps you are looking at roughly 227KB/s download - something that would suggest you are on the lowest priced plan from whatever internet provider you have. With today's internet of streaming and downloading this is far below recommended speeds.

twelve

I'm not dead
I work for an IT services provider and this is the fantastic speed of our VPN's:

VPN1:
3247537049.png

VPN2:
3247540430.png

These are actually much quicker than usual, if I repeat the test on friday when near enough everyone is working from home and connecting in via the VPN then it drops to dial up speed, the upload remains fairly decent though.

My actual connection is this so it shows what a bottleneck the above are:
3247904106.png

Last edited:

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Slower than 99% of GB. What do I win?

You win a free hug from me.

3418949076.png

Lovely Virgin Media! We actually pay for 120Mb but I've never really expected it to reach the max. Throttling in the evenings though is frustrating, always need to plan my 1080p downloads for the early morning to avoid it.

They're apparently upgrading my connection to 152Mb over the summer for absolutely free too. Hard to compete with that.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Well... a lot has changed since I first joined. So here is the new one:

3488958869.png

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nice downstream! Mine:

3489001208.png

I can't wait until Google Fiber gets here (supposed to be coming to my city). I pay close to $70/month for this speed and Google is offering 1gbps for the same price..

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I can't wait until Google Fiber gets here (supposed to be coming to my city). I pay close to $70/month for this speed and Google is offering 1gbps for the same price..

I have "fiber" here which is why I have an amazing connection. Although I pay about $70 for that with unlimited downloads/uploads.

evilfangs

I have "fiber" here which is why I have an amazing connection. Although I pay about $70 for that with unlimited downloads/uploads.

Do you have to pay for line rental in the US?

Here in the UK I got fiber which is unlimited data and pay £36 a month but £15 of that is for line rental.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Do you have to pay for line rental in the US?

Here in the UK I got fiber which is unlimited data and pay £36 a month but £15 of that is for line rental.

Nah I don't. I do pay about 50€ for 125mb sort-of fiber, tv and unlimited phone

Gianlucca

4112882847.png

This is the Internet speed from an event here in Brazil called "Campus Party. I went there and I can tell you it's insane. Downloaded skyrim in less than 30 seconds.

RoxaxiS

Folks, I'm not jealous or anyting but be glad for what you get.
Here's my internet, lol. This is the situtation in Turkey.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Got upgraded to fiber today, $80/month - only $5 more than what I was paying before so it was a no-brainer. My ISP (Cox) is only offering it in a very limited amount of areas here right now, was fortunate to get it this early :)

4707595103.png

D

Dragonsbait

Upgraded my internet not too long ago... it's somewhat better than before.