• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Building the New Exophase.com - Version 5.00

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Today we're excited to unveil the next version of Exophase.com. Over a year in development, backed by a responsive theme and new features, we think it's the best iteration of the site yet.

The redesign furthers integration with our profile tracking system. Large header images have been added across the site, allowing us to prominent display a user's last played games on their profile, or in the case of the home page, the most recent games added to our database.

658050.png

Our gamercard system has been fully revamped, giving users more control over customization.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Seth

MD Party Room
How is the traffic on the site as of late, it been pretty dead on the forums.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How is the traffic on the site as of late, it been pretty dead on the forums.

The traffic is almost as high as it's ever been. Only time it was higher was in 2008 when we had loads of people coming for PSP stuff.

It is a shame the forums have gotten rather quiet, though. Here's hoping the new stuff we're working on like the achievement guides will boost activity.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well done x3sphere!

Any chance in seeing how the titlebar will look with transparency added (small amount)? Seems to be the next big trend among UI designs - especially now since Apple is all over it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well done x3sphere!

Any chance in seeing how the titlebar will look with transparency added (small amount)? Seems to be the next big trend among UI designs - especially now since Apple is all over it.

Just pushed some changes live, how's that? It's really subtle but looks good I think.

Edit: With the transparency I actually think a white background on the header looks better, makes our logo stand out more.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just pushed some changes live, how's that? It's really subtle but looks good I think.

Edit: With the transparency I actually think a white background on the header looks better, makes our logo stand out more.

Looks good. Noticed you also changed the way the header scrolling worked so it shows a shorter version down the page - anyway to just dynamically change the scale when it reaches that point but maintain it on the screen the entire time?

Seriously impressed with your skills x3sphere, never cease to amaze!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks :) I'll play around with it a bit more - I did try that but the transition didn't look as seamless, was a bit jumpy when the height changed.

ShinUkyo

Love it! I'm an immense fan of the site, and I really respect/appreciate all the hard work you put into coding. Not to mention you're always the first one to get game data for achievements/trophies up as soon as it exists on the companies' servers. Now seeing it tidied up and offering more intuitive and user-friendly navigation: win.
Your site, not to mention, tracks all three achievement platforms. Not many sites out there do, and none of them offer the completeness of data grabs that you do. You are going to do what Raptr can't do anymore (as they sadly don't want to scrape data in an appropriate way to track Xbox One, and they require their dedicated app to scrape trophies anymore.) Here's to the continued evolution of exophase! ^_^

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the kind words ShinUkyo, appreciate the support! :)

@Ipaq: Just pushed another update, having it appear only when scrolling up works well I think.

c0stantin0s

The New Exophase.com looks amazing!

My only suggestion: On My Profile that I can see my games from all the platforms and the % of completion, the best is to show the achievements/trophies too. Like in the exophase leaderboard..

Keep up the good work!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The New Exophase.com looks amazing!

My only suggestion: On My Profile that I can see my games from all the platforms and the % of completion, the best is to show the achievements/trophies too. Like in the exophase leaderboard..

Keep up the good work!

Good call, added!

c0stantin0s

You already add the feature!?! omg man you rock!
You can also add the green badge and the date/time when an achievement earn. Like on the Leaderboards again..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You already add the feature!?! omg man you rock!
You can also add the green badge and the date/time when an achievement earn. Like on the Leaderboards again..

You mean add the green badge if you've 100% a game? I can look into adding that.

Have some more updates planned for the main profile pages later this week - adding display of average completion rate and recent achievements across all platforms. You'll also be able to save gamercard styles from within your profile, allowing for easy access of color/skin combos that you like. There might be a few other surprises too :)