• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Brave Fencer Musashi on the PSP! (CFW)

Proselyte

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and joined explicitly to post this discovery. I was originally going to post it on Dash Hacks, but the signup page kept crashing my browser. As such, I figured I'd post here. If someone wants, they can post this on Dash Hacks, just link to this thread.

Some of you (or none of you, depending on how long you've been in the PSP scene) may have remembered that Brave Fencer Musashi, a PSone game, could not run properly on the PSP. This had problems ranging from not getting past Chapter 1 loading screen, to excessive lag. Well, aside from a YouTuber who refused to tell people how he did it, I have finally figured out the configuration for successful and error free gameplay.

Okay, first you'll need the ISO for Brave Fencer Musashi, Popstation GUI 2.21 Beta, and (optional) a sexy EBOOT pack of graphics and sound.

Boot up Popstation, load BFM ISO, add your graphics and sound (if any) and here's where you need to pay attention. When it asks for Game ID, you MUST USE "SLPS 01156". This is the ONLY Game ID that works!

Now, since my PSP is currently broken (thankfully I still have my CFW motherboard) I cannot remember which version of POPS is to be used, but I remember which ones might work.. However, ONE of the POPS versions DID ACTUALLY WORK. By the way, my PSP runs 6.60 ME CFW. I would confirm which POPS worked if my PSP still functioned.

3.03, 3.71, 3.72, or 3.90. TRY THESE FIRST!

One of those will most likely fix the problems. Just remember to use the Game ID above. If you don't, it WILL NOT WORK.

Hopefully this helps some of you. Thanks for reading.

P.S.
Anyone got a PSP Slim with a fried/bricked MOBO? I would gladly buy it from you. The only thing that remains of my PSP is it's motherboard. PM me if you do.

Last edited: