• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your 3 favorite second characters(support)in games.

Survival Horror

Yes, their help was valuable. The moment we saw them, we were relived as we felt much safer while we traveled with them but subsequently felt helpless in their absence, forced to be alone. My favorite support characters are as follows:

Yoshi (Super Mario World)
yoshik.jpeg

No need for an introduction for his service and special abilities such as devouring almost anything in his way. Yoshi is a very likeable figure with which you immediately bind with. With his long tongue he can reach items Mario & Luigi cannot and feeds on berries as well as enemies. His big help doesn’t end here though. Depending on which Koopa shell he ate, he spit fire, flew and he also has many different colors and properties. His contribution was phenomenal.

Barry Burton(Resident Evil)
"Almost A Jill Sandwich" and "Ι have this".
barry34.jpg

Which lover of the genre will forget these lines…Barry Burton with his intimidating Magnum Revolver, saves Jill from the crushing wall when she removes the Shotgun from the wall hook in the next room and avoids replacing it with a Broken Shotgun (In the case that Jill has followed the correct path). Barry is a Deus Ex Machina in the first and third Resident Evil, but especially in the first given that he helps you (if you show your trust in him) in many ways. He gives you Acid Rounds, useful for the Snake boss, ammunition in the Stairwell safe room as well as a special scenario in which he burns down Plant 42 with a Flamethrower. He goes against Wesker in the good ending, while in general, being what you need, when you need it.

Hewie(Haunting Ground)
hewieee.jpeg

Oh yes, the favorite doggy Fiona finds and frees tied and beat up outside the Castle, returns later becoming inseparable friends. Hewie significantly helps the heroine with his attacks on enemies trying to catch her, as well as reach and grab items inaccessible to her. There is an increasing level of training, which when increased, Hewie expresses his love even more. Hewie is a type who will pounce at any danger to save you or to give you a chance to get away from your chasers.

PhoenixFG

YOSHI!!! I loved him so much!
Most of the games I play have squads but I do have that mate that I always game with me! I'm on my tablet so I'll just list them:

Chrono Cross: Kidd. She had that cocky attitude that I loved.
Mass Effect: Garrus for life!! Either as a friend or a romance option Garrus is always down for mayhem!
The Last of Us: Ellie. When you play as Joel I missed her shouting out warning, her attempts at whistling and her wonder.

chunji

Resident Evil 5: Sheva. You can play as her so you could call her a main character too, but the first time you play she's your support. She's awesome and badass and I love her.

Bioshock Infinite: Elizabeth. It's always awesome to have her around to throw you supplies when you need them.

Murdered Soul Suspect: Joy. She's a brat at first but I really grew to like having her around helping out.

Gamer Steve

Kingdom Hearts: Goofy cuz he's tough, funny and always giving you his mp (magic points) in battle (plus who doesnt love goofy).
Final Fantasy X: Auron.....enough said lol no but really auron is super myserious and dramatic plus he is strong and he plays that wise mentor character.
Nier: Grimore Wiess...first of all he is a talking floating magic book with a british accent..he is wise and allows the main charcater (Nier) to use magic abilities and through the journey you actually grow attach to this book and his true role in the fate of the world of the game.

Gamer Steve

YOSHI!!! I loved him so much!
Most of the games I play have squads but I do have that mate that I always game with me! I'm on my tablet so I'll just list them:

Chrono Cross: Kidd. She had that cocky attitude that I loved.
Mass Effect: Garrus for life!! Either as a friend or a romance option Garrus is always down for mayhem!
The Last of Us: Ellie. When you play as Joel I missed her shouting out warning, her attempts at whistling and her wonder.
kid was a badass character i loved her redpin special, Glenn was a cool character too along with starky(alien) that games roster was so cool

SihayatheFremen

Dragon age origins, Alistair because he's just so adorkable and also tough enough to protect my squishy mage.

Mass Effect, Garrus because everything about him is just cool and badass and awesome. He's got a great sense of humor, is a fabulous dancer and kickass sniper.

Lost Odyssey, Jansen Friedhe. He started off as a traitor and a clown but he became a loyal companion. Self sacrificing, brave and sweet. He's also adorabley cute and very funny and charming. Also he was the best mage in the party.

I'm sensing a trend here...funny, kinda awkward and kickass.

PhoenixFG

kid was a badass character i loved her redpin special, Glenn was a cool character too along with starky(alien) that games roster was so cool
It really was! There were characters on there that I hated to use because of their personality, use them because I had to and realize that they weren't that bad after all. It was such a multilayered game.

PhoenixFG

Resident Evil 5: Sheva. You can play as her so you could call her a main character too, but the first time you play she's your support. She's awesome and badass and I love her.

Bioshock Infinite: Elizabeth. It's always awesome to have her around to throw you supplies when you need them.

Murdered Soul Suspect: Joy. She's a brat at first but I really grew to like having her around helping out.
Booker catch!! I was FOREVER happy hearing those words when my health was low! I need to finish M:SS.

Gamer Steve

It really was! There were characters on there that I hated to use because of their personality, use them because I had to and realize that they weren't that bad after all. It was such a multilayered game.
Having all those choices made the game so fresh and enjoyable it sucked that you couldn't get everyone eventually but hey I guess that's what new game plus is for

Gamer Steve

Dragon age origins, Alistair because he's just so adorkable and also tough enough to protect my squishy mage.

Mass Effect, Garrus because everything about him is just cool and badass and awesome. He's got a great sense of humor, is a fabulous dancer and kickass sniper.

Lost Odyssey, Jansen Friedhe. He started off as a traitor and a clown but he became a loyal companion. Self sacrificing, brave and sweet. He's also adorabley cute and very funny and charming. Also he was the best mage in the party.

I'm sensing a trend here...funny, kinda awkward and kickass.
i so agree with the three you chose except for the adorable alistair part lol but he is strong character...jansen was what made lost oddesy feel good i mean the game is amazing but its deeply depressing at time when you play the 1000 years stories and he keeps the game feeling humorus and laid back

Gamer Steve

Sneff or what ever his name was, was a weird character though. i barely used him lol

SihayatheFremen

i so agree with the three you chose except for the adorable alistair part lol but he is strong character...jansen was what made lost oddesy feel good i mean the game is amazing but its deeply depressing at time when you play the 1000 years stories and he keeps the game feeling humorus and laid back

Yeah, Jansen was awesome but, he did have some serious moments and those were great too. Mostly because more than Kaim, Jansen felt like the player avatar. He reacted to things like I'd probably react. Tried to defuse situations with humor, was sarcastic and a bit silly and cowardly but when it came down to it, He was willing to sacrifice himself to save the people he cared about.
Kaim was WAY Too robotic for me to relate to and Seth was too bitchy.

Gamer Steve

Yeah, Jansen was awesome but, he did have some serious moments and those were great too. Mostly because more than Kaim, Jansen felt like the player avatar. He reacted to things like I'd probably react. Tried to defuse situations with humor, was sarcastic and a bit silly and cowardly but when it came down to it, He was willing to sacrifice himself to save the people he cared about.
Kaim was WAY Too robotic for me to relate to and Seth was too bitchy.
lol i can see that its been years since i played lost oddessy so i dont remeber too much about it...except this one part where you save seths son son sid and he is all old and saying mommy to seth and jansens like dude its creepy that you call her that lamo.

SihayatheFremen

lol i can see that its been years since i played lost oddessy so i dont remeber too much about it...except this one part where you save seths son son sid and he is all old and saying mommy to seth and jansens like dude its creepy that you call her that lamo.

One of the best parts of the game to me is when Ming tells him she loves him. His reaction is just so...human and funny and sweet. He's seriously one of my favorite characters in any game.

BrakoV25

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Trip

She really was a very likeable companion in the game. And whilst games like L.A Noire spent millions creating a lifelike face for the game character, I felt the emotions shown on Trip's face could be heart breaking at times, but on other occasions she looked cute as a button.

Also one of the best on-screen gaming romances I've actually really enjoyed seeing develop.

SihayatheFremen

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Trip

She really was a very likeable companion in the game. And whilst games like L.A Noire spent millions creating a lifelike face for the game character, I felt the emotions shown on Trip's face could be heart breaking at times, but on other occasions she looked cute as a button.

Also one of the best on-screen gaming romances I've actually really enjoyed seeing develop.

Total opposite here. Trip made me want to punch kittens. I couldn't play the game because I just hated her so much.

BrakoV25

*pulls back on the safety*

Crazy lady. Back away from the kittens and say only nice things about Trip from now on.

To Phoenix,

Dear Phoenix. You should definitely give the game another go. Unless of course it causes you to continuously vomit or bring harm to kittens *scowls at Sihayathenennnnenennn-nnn-nu-nen*

The DLC was great too. That allowed you to play as Piggy, and gave a completely different style of game play. The main game was all about action. The DLC was all about stealth and puzzle. Very underrated game.

*Gives another scowly type look at Mrs Siyathenenenenidge*

Last edited: