• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Favorite turned based RPG game(s)?

D

Dragonsbait

Not sure if this has been posted already, but here it goes.

My Favorites are all of the Disgaea games, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy IV, Trails in the Sky, and
Jeanne d'Arc.

chunji

Persona 3, Lunar 2, SaGa Frontier... I guess I could count FFX since it's one of the more recent ones that had legit turns instead of ATB.

D

Dragonsbait

Persona 3, Lunar 2, SaGa Frontier... I guess I could count FFX since it's one of the more recent ones that had legit turns instead of ATB.
Yeah, I do like legit turns.
I think ATB is a neat concept, but a fully TB game is what I prefer because I like to take the time to plan everything out.

D

Dragonsbait

Also forgot Pokemon games as well
How could I forget those epic games.

NocturnalNL

I can't really pick favs since I enjoyed those I played... Most of them have been mentioned already in here, but I'd like to add 2 more that I recently played and got lost in. Terra Incognita (early access and still in development) and The albino hunter. Both are stripped from ATB and are fully turn based. I love RPGmaker games, when executed correctly that is lol

Dosto28

FF VI, also i loved FF tactics, what a fantastic game but it was more srpg, chrono trigger and its sequel, Leyend of Dragoon, Breath of Fire IV and the fantastic Vagrant Story back to PS1 golden days

Modern ones Lost Oddyssey and Resonance of Fate

Last edited:
D

Dragonsbait

FF VI, also i loved FF tactics, what a fantastic game but it was more srpg, chrono trigger and its sequel, Leyend of Dragoon, Breath of Fire IV and the fantastic Vagrant Story back to PS1 golden days

Modern ones Lost Oddyssey and Resonance of Fate
I tried playing Tactics and Lost Odyssey, but couldn't get into them. Now that I have a ps3 I might try and play those other games.

HyeVltg3

my new favorite is Time and Eternity.
never knew dodging and coming out of random battles unscathed DUE TO SKILL rather than luck, could be so fun and rewarding.

jedo

Guide Team
My personal favorites are the FF games and I also REALLY liked The Banner Saga. :D It was rough but totally worth struggling with for 2 playthroughs.