• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Three-Way GamerCards!

TVippy

Your site generates incredible gamercards (really good looking), however I don't use them, because I'd like to see all three major platforms (PSN, Steam, XBL) represendted in a single card.

Now I know you have this thing:

78c1Fqf.png

But it doesn't provide nearly as much info and is not as good looking as this beauty:

FrmI98I.png

What I'd love to see is the bottom card, but somehow with a third platform added (the card will have to be wider than it is now, obviously). Now, I understand it will be a bit bulky and because of that - not for everybody (a niche product), but still. What are you thoughts on this? Nobody will use it, so not worth the hassle?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah the issue is the card size would have to be rather large to accommodate three platforms at once, and a lot of sites have size restrictions on images in the signature.

I did think about using the single platform design and have it generate an animated GIF with different frames that alternate between each platform, would you be interested in that?

Last edited:

TVippy

Yeah the issue is the card size would have to be rather large to accommodate three platforms at once, and a lot of sites have size restrictions on images in the signature.
Yeah, but the restrictions only apply to the verticality of the card, not horizontality, I think. Would be cool to have a wider card for all three platforms.
I did think about using the single platform design and have it generate an animated GIF with different frames that alternate between each platform, would you be interested in that?
Yes, that could work, but I'm afraid GIF's color restrictions would ruin the overall nice look of the card.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well it's still in consideration - this is not a priority right now though. Making a design that accommodates the same amount of information the dual skin has is difficult without making things look cluttered. I'm still leaning towards the animated GIF idea, I understand your point about it lowering the quality, don't think it would look too bad though.

Here's what it would look like:

WaDb.gif

There are some other formats we could use that'd have nearly no quality loss, however I don't think they could be embedded on most forums :\

TVippy

The quality of the GIF is alright, not the issue. Why don't you like the idea of a static one? I don't think it'll look cluttered at all, given the right approach to the design (and whoever's making them got the chops!). All you need is basic info on that. Like number of hours/games played on each system and the last played game on each system. That's it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Don't get me wrong I like the idea, just not sure how we'll do it yet. We can always do both, the animated GIF and another static skin.

TVippy

OK, thank you. I hope I'll see a static 3-way some day. NO OTHER SITE on the Internet has it, your chance to be the first!

ENVxGK

Well it's still in consideration - this is not a priority right now though. Making a design that accommodates the same amount of information the dual skin has is difficult without making things look cluttered. I'm still leaning towards the animated GIF idea, I understand your point about it lowering the quality, don't think it would look too bad though.

Here's what it would look like:

WaDb.gif

There are some other formats we could use that'd have nearly no quality loss, however I don't think they could be embedded on most forums :\
Anychance the gif version would come out not the 3 but the playstation / xbox for now would be sooo cool