• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What is your Favorite Single Player Game?

klopger23

I'm playing video games for about 25 years now and enjoyed a lot of good titles...

But the first game that comes to my mind when someone asks that question would be "Metal Gear Solid" for PS1.

Blew my mind with perfect graphics, gameplay and story back then.

Gamer Steve

I'm playing video games for about 25 years now and enjoyed a lot of good titles...

But the first game that comes to my mind when someone asks that question would be "Metal Gear Solid" for PS1.

Blew my mind with perfect graphics, gameplay and story back then.
Graphics are important but gameplay story comes first to me i dont care if its 8 bit if its good then im ok

MelismX

Awesome post!
I play quite only single player games, and i can find here a good source for my next play. Thanks!!

If i've to tell my favorite one, than Metal Gear Solid.. I know first episode is the best one but i would have played all. Unfortunately i missed ps3 for Xbox 360 (i would do it again) and couldn't play MGS4, so i'm hoping for a ps4 remake even if it seems to be impossible.

Than the witcher.. For long time i've been an elder scrolls fan but i played the witcher 1 and 2 and i fall in love deeply. Now i'm playing wild hunt and it's better than the others... Best for GDR players!!!

I could add a lot of masterpiece, from monkey island to residenti evil, blackguards or portal, warcraft and dragon age... And so on..

LoyalSaber

My favorite single player game is probably Persona 4 Golden on the vita.
Will most likely be replaced by Persona 5 when it comes out just like how it replaced Shin Megami tensei 2 on the Super Famicon.

If we are including Visual Novels as games though then it would be tied with G-Senjou no Maou

Kaiberith

Like LoyalSaber above me my favourite single player game has to be Persona 4 Golden. Truly amazing game. Took over my entire life for longer than I care to admit, lol. Love the whole Persona series and can't wait for 5! :)

ultraviolet

so many to choose from over the years, standouts for me off the top of my head would be: GoldenEye, wipEout, Black, Bodycount, all three BioShock games, the Geometry Wars series, Defence Grid 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3

electoblaze

As cliche as it is, I (like many of us) really enjoyed The Last of Us. I remember starting the story fresh and getting hooked for at least 3 hours. This is coming from a multiplayer-focused gamer so when a single player story catches my interest for that long, you know it's good. I've currently played it through entirely 5 times.