• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

LEDA 0.2 - Legacy Software Loader for PSP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Developer Dark_AleX returns with an update to LEDA, now offering vastly improved compatibility. For those that missed the initial release, here's a recap: LEDA is a legacy software loader that allows users to run 1.5 kernel based homebrew applications on their Slim or Phat PSP unit.

Alex warns that certain plugins, such as the recently released CFW Folder Blocker, may cause issues when running the LEDA installer. To circumvent this, disable any active plugins before beginning the installation process, then re-enable them once finished.

Download LEDA 0.2

LEDA - Legacy Software Loader Beta 0.2 [Dark_AleX]

angelsniper45

is that confirmed?

J

jx233

Not really.

Devhook is kernel mode, so is iRShell and they both do not work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It runs kernel mode homebrew but not everything works...

Alex said he wouldn't try to get DevHook working and as for iR Shell, the author doesn't maintain a 1.5 kernel version anymore I believe. All of the recent builds have been for 5.x only.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
It runs kernel mode homebrew but not everything works...

Alex said he wouldn't try to get DevHook working and as for iR Shell, the author doesn't maintain a 1.5 kernel version anymore I believe. All of the recent builds have been for 5.x only.

Well, the older iRShell's, aren't they somewhere on the internet?

and concerning Devhook:

Can Devhook run in 1.50 kernel mode, even on 3.52 M33-4? Or is it only for versions lower than 2.71 SE-C or HEN-D?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well, the older iRShell's, aren't they somewhere on the internet?

and concerning Devhook:

Can Devhook run in 1.50 kernel mode, even on 3.52 M33-4? Or is it only for versions lower than 2.71 SE-C or HEN-D?

Yeah, but the newer versions offer the same feature set and run fine under 5.x, so no reason to try and get the older builds running.

Also DevHook won't work on 3.52 M33-4 even with the 1.5 kernel installed. It only works on 2.71 SEC-C and below.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
Yeah, but the newer versions offer the same feature set and run fine under 5.x, so no reason to try and get the older builds running.

Also DevHook won't work on 3.52 M33-4 even with the 1.5 kernel installed. It only works on 2.71 SEC-C and below.

Yeah, I'm on 3.52 M33-4 on my PSP, thats why i asked.

And also, Devhook never ran on my PSP when I went to 1.50.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
not sure what version but RIN doesn't seem to work for me still.
haven't tried under 5.00 M33-6 with a phat 1.5 update thingy...guessing it would since it did under 4.0something....
only just updated from 4.0X something...can't remember...it was a M33 firmware. xD

need to catch up on homebrew and stuff.mate had my PSP since June or so

J

jx233

MenaceInc said:
not sure what version but RIN doesn't seem to work for me still.
haven't tried under 5.00 M33-6 with a phat 1.5 update thingy...guessing it would since it did under 4.0something....
only just updated from 4.0X something...can't remember...it was a M33 firmware. xD

need to catch up on homebrew and stuff.mate had my PSP since June or so

The RIN I used to use had troubles with 3.XX+ kernels.

If you want a better GBC emulator, click here.

This emulator works on the higher versions without the need for 1.50 kernel.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The RIN I used to use had troubles with 3.XX+ kernels.

If you want a better GBC emulator, click here.

This emulator works on the higher versions without the need for 1.50 kernel.

i seen that but haven't got round to trying it
i really liked the icon set and the ability to delete roms from within the app hence why i had sticked with RIN but i'll give WonderBoy a try :)

J

jx233

WonderBoy/MasterBoy seems universal compatible.

It works even on the 1.50 kernel.

RIN v1.32 by Mr. Miriachi is great, but does not work on 3.XX kernels. :sad:

And it uses circle to confirm, but I prefer using cross instead so I use Masterboy.

angelsniper45

No double posting, and RIN should work fine, ive been using it on 3.90m33-3 with leda and the games seem a little choppy every now and then, but other than that RIN is fine and shouldnt pose a problem. Also, afkim works great to.

Its to bad that kernel mode homebrew, ive been wanting to use HEN and whatnot.

J

jx233

The RIN I was talking about was the older one for Version 1.50, not Homer's RIN.

angelsniper45

I know, thats the one im using to, its working fine for me.