• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Now Free

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
daggerfall.jpg

In a gesture of generosity, Bethesda Softworks has made its 1996 sandbox RPG The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall completely free. Weighing in at a relatively paltry 148 MB, the title can be downloaded from the publisher's official website.

A technological showpiece of its time, Daggerfall laid the groundwork for open-roam, open-world RPGs, sporting an estimated 161,600 square kilometres of exploration area -- a figure that no other Elder Scrolls title can match. To be fair, most of the game's terrain and surrounding landscape was randomly generated. Just be warned: the gameplay and associated interfaces will feel rather archaic to those who grew up on Morrowind and Oblivion.

As the title was developed with the MS-DOS operating system in mind, it will not run natively on recent Windows versions. Those looking to experience a blast from the past will have to run it under a DOS emulator such as DOSBox.

Justdie

I feel safe in my BOX
wow i didnt even know that this was coming out... dam those are like psone graphics...