• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Popsloader...?

Knyght

**Firstly know that I have tried to search for answers on this but never have found an answer that pertains morely to this problem; that is, all answers seemed too general.**

Ok so I've been running CFWs for a while and up until yesterday I was content with 3.52 M33-4. Problem ensued when I tried to convert Ehrgeiz ISO to EBOOT to play on my PSP, then after doing so realizing that the game won't even run. Here's where I have a couple of questions:

1. Running 3.52, do I not have the right FW version of pops that's compatible with Ehrgeiz?
  2. Is Ehrgeiz just not compatible to play via PSP?
  3. I've never had a problem emulating PSX on PSP before, is this just a badly ripped ISO?
  4. I've never had to do anything special to run PSX EBOOTs, what do I really stand to gain by going back and getting all of the Popsloaders from previous versions, and/or are the previous versions of pops built into 3.52?

Thanks in advance,
Knyght

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
I'm not using popsloader at all, just trying to run it through the built in PSX Emulator in CFW D;

well, that the popsloader in the flash memory.
1-Do this: Download the latest PSARDumper by M33 (click me)
3-Put it inside the GAME352 and download the 3.00, 3.01, 3.02, 3.03, 3.10, 3.11, 3.30, 3.41, 3.51 eboots (click me)
4-Put the eboot of the firmware that you are going to use in the root of your memory stick, don't put it inside of any folders.Note:Make sure that the name of the eboot is EBOOT.PBP.
5-Run the PSARDumpere on your PSP and press square.
6-Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all the eboots/firmwares.
7-
7.1-After you done with that, copy the following files (3.30 and-): pops.prx, popsman.prx and pafmini.prx
7.2-For 3.40 and 3.51, copy the following files: pops.prx, popsman.prx, pafmini.prx and libpspvmc340.prx
7.3-For 3.00, 3.01, 3.02 and 3.03 copy the same files in step 7.1 and/more meaudio.prx
Note:Put the name of the firmware in the and of the name, without the dots. Eg: pops330.prx, pops302.prx, pafmini330.prx, pafmini340.prx.
8-Download the 3.52 M33-4 (click me))
7-Copy the seplugins folder to the root of your memory stick.
8-Put all the PRXs inside seplugins->popsloader.
9-Start the PSP holding the R trigger and go to the plugins menu.
10-Enable the popsloader and exit the recovery menu.
11-Start the PSX game and hold the R trigger.Some firmwares should show up.
12-Choose one and play.
13-If it does not work, repeat step 11 but choose a different firmware.

Hope it helps you :D

PS:I didn't do any copy and paste, I wrote it myself.

Knyght

Very nice, I'm trying this right now. I'll edit with end-result :)

Edit I: Can't find 3.41 EBOOT anywhere, just omitting it for now.

Hanzo_f19

ok. Sorry if this takes a long time to do this, but its illegal to share this files.But I'm sure this will solve your problem, every PSX game is playble on the PSP.

Knyght

The only thing that's really time consuming is deleting the F0 folder after dumping/copying the files over. Can I just leave it there and the PSARdumper overrite it? That'd save me about 5 minutes per dump.

Hanzo_f19

The only thing that's really time consuming is deleting the F0 folder after dumping/copying the files over. Can I just leave it there and the PSARdumper overrite it? That'd save me about 5 minutes per dump.

I don't know, I never tried that.It atcully takes 30 seconds to me to be deleted, are you using a USB cable or a memory stick adaptor?I recomend the USB cable, its faster.

Knyght

I'm deleting via USBv1... which is really slow. My PC's hardware is junk :laugh: but it gets it done I suppose.

Knyght

Ok after about 30mins of doing that, this is what I have in ms0:/seplugins/popsloader:
prxszz0.jpg

I think I did everything right, trying out each firmware now

Edit: awesome, just realized I forgot to rename the 3.11 popsman.prx :laugh:

Knyght

Started it up with 3.10 POPS and it works :D Tremendous thanks to you fear for the detailed step-by-step :D /spamoff

Hanzo_f19

yes, you did everything ok.If you have any problems with any other PSX game just to same thing.

Hanzo_f19

yes, you need to download the 3.71 M33-3 update and use the files that come for the popsloader.

PS:if you want the 3.72 popsloader, use PSARDumper to decrypt the 3.72 eboot and copy the following files to the popsloader folder (seplugins->popsloader): kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx, vsh/module/libpspvmc.prx.

EDIT: this may help you:
3.00-3.03: kd/popsman.prx, kd/meaudio.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.10-3.30: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx
3.40-3.72: kd/popsman.prx, kd/pops.prx, vsh/module/pafmini.prx, vsh/module/libpspvmc.prx
~readme file