• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

1.50 kernel addon for 5.00 (phat)

Nomo

psplogo4.jpg

Instructions: Copy to /PSP/GAME5XX and run.

Note: because even deleting LFTV and korean font there was not enough space this time, this version will delete also flash0:/dic/apotp.dic

I'm unsure about what this file is for (maybe for japanese text predicition?) but system works fine with it.

IF you want to keep some of the things deleted by the 150k_installer do following things.

- Install DC7. Use the Format flash options in nand operations menu. Make flash1 size like around 1 MB smaller, make flash3 the smallest possible, and make flash2 a bit smaller (not too much, or you won't be able to download games and demos from psstore). Then, make flash0 as big as possible and continue.

- Install 4.01 M33, update to 5.00 M33.

- Install 1.50 addon. Dump 5.00 using the latest psardumper, and flash the deleted files you want back.

Mirror1: http://rapidshare.com/files/155242372/150k_addon500.rar
Mirror2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SO1ADK4B

J

jx233

instead if 150_k addons, can Dark_Alex release a TimeMachine port of 5.00 M33?

i mean like this;

1. Release a CFW

2. A few days later release a TimeMachine version of the CFW. run it from: ms0:/TM/500M33/ipl.bin
Because I'm now on 5.00 M33 ( and i miss 3.52 M33-4), so can Dark_Alex release a TimeMachine version of this?
it would be nice though to have every new CFW through TimeMachine, but still have an older one in the NAND at the same time.

this is what Dark_Alex could do:

1. make the CFW

2. a few days later make a TimeMachine version.

It would be better if Dark_Alex put time into making TM CFW instead of 150k_addons.

I mean a 1.50 addon is for [CFW] Phat users only, so why dont those Phat users make a Pandora battery and a MagicStick and run 3.40 OE/1.50 in TimeMachine?

bakemono1526

PSP Addict!
Hi there.. i have a question for psp kernel.
What is the purpose of the kernel in psp and why there is no kernel in psp slim?
How do i know if i need kernel in my slim?
Thanks in advance.

Jake

It is to run homebrew made for firmware 1.50 which was for the phat psp when it first came out. The add on is to allow people to run that homebrew on 5.00m33. There is a difference in how the homebrew is made for 150 as apposed to newer firmware.

The 150 addon will NOT work with slims. I think this is due to hardware differences but I could be mistaken.

Unless you want to run some homebrew made for 150 that hasn't been ported to a newer firmware then you have no need for it. I have not come across any homebrew that hasnt been ported to run on newer firmware.

icedman204

<p>What we need now is an updated and working POPsloader, because 5.00M33 doesn't work with most premade PSX EBOOTS.</p>

phibre79

<p>i updated from 3.90 to 5.00 cfw and now my homebrew won't work. i downloaded the 150.PBP and 1.5 kernel add-on but cannot get it to start from the game screen. i get a 'corrupt data' logo instead. what have i done wrong?</p>