• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Battlefield 3

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
If you have it preordered and it's not released in your region (like me) you can unlock it early. Set your proxy settings to 203.232.208.116 and port 8080 and it passes the release date check. Going to play some campaign tomorrow.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've added a poll to the thread asking what system you guys have it for. I'm thinking about picking up the game shortly (if money and time permits) and just want to gauge which system to get it for based on what system you guys have so we might be able to get up for some community games

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I've added a poll to the thread asking what system you guys have it for. I'm thinking about picking up the game shortly (if money and time permits) and just want to gauge which system to get it for based on what system you guys have so we might be able to get up for some community games

Why would you get a battlefield game for anything except PC? :p

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm not having fun with this game at all. Played a couple of matches and just went to playing Gears again. Probably gonna trade it in towards MW3, and I can't believe I'm saying that.

Adiuvo

Out of curiosity, what issues do have with it? I keep on hearing about the good with the game but it can't be all perfect.

Robby

Los Doyers!
It's not so much issues, just it's not holding my attention.

I play about 2 matches then want to start playing a different game. It could be I just suck at this game though.

El Diablo

No offense but the only people who I've heard say they don't like it who have played it have just been the people who are (dare I say) CoD fanboys who see a shooting game that isn't CoD so it's bad and not fun. Not trying to say that's you at all or anything but more that I haven't heard any real arguments for why they don't like it other than it's not CoD. Battlelog is my only real complaint with it, and the loading times are significantly longer than in the beta for one map but other than that I love it.

Edit: TBH Robby that's how I was at first. I could only play Metro Rush to keep my attention since it was all I knew and could really play. Once I got the first gun upgrade for each class and started to play the other maps some more and learn them and not get owned as much from not knowing where people were, I've been having a blast with it, but the first couple days I was liking the game a lot less than I thought as well. It doesn't help that I'm embarrassingly terrible with the helicopters and jets too :(.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just to clarify, I am not a CoD fanboy. I only play it when my friends play it but I hate that game and all the cheap tactics people use. I loved the Bad Company series and this is my first time playing a Battlefield game that isn't Bad Company so maybe I'm not used to the different style of play.

I'll probably give this game another shot later and put some real time into it. Yeah I suck with the jets too lol, the minute I go up, I'm already diving down :(

El Diablo

Yeah I wasn't trying to say you were or I thought you were or anything it just seems to be who most of the people are that say they have not liked it. I think once you spend some more time on it, maybe have some different guns, and know the maps the game will be a lot different. I think knowing the maps is probably one of the main things in a BF game as they are a bit different then your normal run and gun maps with specific corridors, hallways, roads etc etc that you have to follow, where as this you can go just about anywhere and get to your point however you want.

Slasher

Suck It
The actual game is, imo, miles better than the beta that was presented to me a few weeks back.

My two main discrepancies seem to be fixed - graphics are greater than expected, & most bugs are ironed out

Though, as usual, I'm annoyed at the 300mb patch tossed at me as soon as I popped the game in. But what can you do... it's the norm these days, but is unacceptable in its own right.

I can see myself getting into this game, I'm enjoying it so far

Robby

Los Doyers!
Do you guys play by yourselves or do you play with friends most of the time?
In a game like this I would imagine you would want to play with people you know since team play plays such a huge role in this game.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Playing the campaign on Hard. It is seriously fucking hard. I am dying so much.

TeamOverload

Playing the campaign on Hard. It is seriously fucking hard. I am dying so much.

I was thinking that about normal at first lol but I got the hang of it :p Definitely enjoying the campaign more than I expected as well :) Played online a bit, but I wanted to wait until I've beaten campaign to get a little more practice in. The plus side of this game is that even if my K/D doesn't end up settling to be that good, you can still be a big contribution to the team aspect lol. We'll see how things go though once I get more of a hang on things.

TeamOverload

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and am single-handedly winning every match for my team. I think everyone as playing like noobs because of the negative mouse aceleration. You can fix it be reducing your mouse to a low DPI like 500 and increasing the in game sensitivity.

Also, LMAO: http://n4g.com/news/874595/battlefield-3-got-an-xbox-360-slim-you-might-be-stuck-with-ps1-graphics

Anyone buying Battlefield 3 will hopefully have more than a 4GB 360 and can just install the game properly.