• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Bioshock 2

Seth

MD Party Room
So anyone else picking up this game? I plan on picking it up on Ps3 the day it comes out. How about you guys?

This game has been tight limped but there are a few videos on it

IGN: Trailer, Videos and Movies

Moose

Meta Moose
I'm certainly looking forward to this game... I'm interested to see how they will pull off the multiplayer mode because at the moment I am skeptical.

EDIT: What does 'tight limped' mean? =/

Seth

MD Party Room
That there really not giving much detail about the game.

mysenritsu

I actually watched an interview with the multiplayer producer from LikeTotallyAwesome on Youtube a little while ago. I'm really interested to see the multiplayer after watching it. Apparently high replayablity?

I just hope it isn't a tacked on gimmick mode just to appeal to the mass market. I'm really only banking on the single player myself.

I remember reading somewhere that although 2K intended Bioshock as the spiritual successor to System Shock, they stuck to that formula to closely, and Bioshock 2 intends to depart from that, and become it's own unique experience.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I can't wait for this game. I am mainly looking forward to the single player but the online has caught my interest.

Colm

I just hope it isn't a tacked on gimmick mode just to appeal to the mass market. I'm really only banking on the single player myself.

I remember reading somewhere that although 2K intended Bioshock as the spiritual successor to System Shock, they stuck to that formula to closely, and Bioshock 2 intends to depart from that, and become it's own unique experience.

BioShock practically WAS System Shock. Everything was the same. BioShock 2 will is a departure from that formula, but if they can keep Rapture as amazing as it was in the first game. BioShock had amazing gameplay but Rapture just stole the show, right from the moment you enter it..

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The launch trailer aired on Jimmy Fallon last night for the first time. It's a good one.

[gt]61530[/gt]

Riorio99

I'll play it when it hits budget.
The first game, whilst incredible story-wise, just wasn't all that great in the game play department. I mean, it was absolutely solid, but not outstanding, so this goes on the back-burner for me.

Also, I'm still not sure that a sequel/prequel for Bioshock could work as well as they expect it to.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'll play it when it hits budget.
The first game, whilst incredible story-wise, just wasn't all that great in the game play department. I mean, it was absolutely solid, but not outstanding, so this goes on the back-burner for me.

Also, I'm still not sure that a sequel/prequel for Bioshock could work as well as they expect it to.

Really?

I was very into the Plasmid component of the gameplay. I feel it definitely pushed the envelope in terms of what a FPS's gameplay could be.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Wow that trailer was sick. I can't wait for this game, loved the first and the second looks great.

Riorio99

Really?

I was very into the Plasmid component of the gameplay. I feel it definitely pushed the envelope in terms of what a FPS's gameplay could be.

The plasmids were great, but I constantly found myself just using the same ones. I'm not really into FPS's, so I don't know about the 'pushing the envelope' bit, but it just didn't seem that good to me. Then again, I don't like the controls on MW2 all that much either, so feel free to ignore my opinion.

Robby

Los Doyers!
This game has a multiplayer hack which gives god mode, no clip, and refill eve. Hopefully not many pirates use that copy of the game online.

Cryox

Bro.
This game is awesome so far. No complaints as of now.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Single player is fun so far. Not impressed with the multiplayer component, feels tacked on. I was expecting that though.