1. Welcome to the eXophase.com forums!

It looks like you're enjoying our site but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now?

By joining, you will have access to post topics, browse threads ad-free, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

C++ C++ programming

Discussion in 'Division by Zero' started by Dark Adonis, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Dark Adonis

Dark Adonis New Member

I need help learning to program in c++. I dont understand how to write my own code. can anyone explain to me how to do so? any help will do. thanks
  2. Seth

Seth MD Party Room

Last played:
    FEZ on
    Look up any C++ tutorial online or check out public library for a book on c++?
  3. TheRaiderNation

TheRaiderNation Spartan

Last played:
    NCAA Football 14 on PS3
    Go start of with a basic c++ hello world. And try to dissect that the best you can. Then move on to basic input/output stuff. Like asking for a name then printing it out. Then move onto basic control structures (for loops, while loops, etc). There's plenty of stuff online
  4. Dark Adonis

Dark Adonis New Member

But what does it mean when they tell u to "write your code"?
  5. Alex

Alex Developer

[STRIKE]Here mate, my old website i sold a few years back have some pretty good tutorials that i wrote up

http://www.goldendevelopersworld.com/psp-programming/

Theyres quite a few on the forum aswell :)[/STRIKE]

Links are dead, search the forum ,theres some good tuts on here
  6. Dark Adonis

Dark Adonis New Member

Thank 4 the tips, everyone. Ill check this place out for tuts:smile:
  7. slicer4ever

slicer4ever Coding random shit

Last played:
    GTA V on Xbox 360
    open up notepad, and begin writing some c/c++, then use a compiler like gcc(or g++ for c++), and compile it into executable code.

for example, a simple hello world:
    Code:
    #include<stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv){
       printf("Hello World!\n");
       return 0;
    }

8. Moca

Moca New Member

Yeah, just grab gcc and compile the file to a binary... because you probably already know what those things are.

An easy way to learn programming is with an IDE such as DevC++/Visual Studio/Code::Blocks. An IDE will simplify the entire process of creating an application and getting it up an running quickly since you won't have to worry about as much up-front.

So, go download an IDE, find an introductory tutorial to C++, code in the IDE instead of notepad (it will make things a bit easier for you), and feel free to ask questions on this forum (people are willing to help you if you are willing to help yourself) ;)
  9. karnbmx

karnbmx ceebs. :)

Here is one really good IDE to begin with:

NetBeans IDE: http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html
  10. Dark Adonis

Dark Adonis New Member

Thanks for the support guys. :smile:. Really appreciate it.
  11. slicer4ever

slicer4ever Coding random shit

Last played:
    GTA V on Xbox 360
    don't be afraid to ask any questions, plenty of helpful devs here at exo.