Corrupt Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Computers' started by andyauff, Jun 2, 2009.

1. andyauff

andyauff Member

I get this error when trying to open up my flash drive. It must've gotten corrupt when I pulled it out earlier without ejecting...stupid computer said it was being used when it wasn't, or at least shouldn't have been. Anyway, is there any possible way to recover my files or do I have to reformat it and just take the loss?
  2. Cryox

Cryox Bro.

Try restarting your computer. Sometimes that helps. If not, all i would know to do is to format it, or, you could try to copy the files over using a MAC or a linux computer. That might work. Might not, but they are worth a try.
  3. andyauff

andyauff Member

Thanks, I'll definitely try those. Thankfully I didn't have anything extremely important on it, but there are definitely some things I would like to recover if I can.
  4. Cryox

Cryox Bro.

Hopefully that helps. I know that sometimes Microsoft computers don't like working. For example, a flash drive i used to use worked in EVERY computer but one of my laptops...

Good luck getting it to work though.
  5. andyauff

andyauff Member

Haha yeah, thanks. I appreciate the help.
  6. andyauff

andyauff Member

Wow, all I did was open it up using ubuntu and suddenly it worked again in windows. Didn't even have to copy over files and reformat. Thanks for the help, beastlyboy.
  7. Cryox

Cryox Bro.

Glad i could help.